VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They'll spend that $5k on bearings, bushings, axles, suspensions arms and belts.
I agree with you, but at the time of purchase it saves $5k which is alot by most standards and "man my rzr wont have that many problems" lol everyone thinks it wont happen to them.
My brother in law with xp turbo carries a extra belt with him, he crossed Polaris #'s and picked one up for $120 I believe and it gets better he went to the trouble to pull his new perfectly good axles out to put anti-seize on them so when they break off even with the diff he doesnt have to weld a nut on the end to be able to remove them. He continually gives me good material to give him hell about and he just cant help it

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They come with roof and doors stock, saving me a grand in accessories so I guess that isn't too far off what I thought they would be. I was thinking $18,999 for the X and $20k for the R. I'm definitely preordering.

Can't wait to hear all about those first rides.

E

Eastwood1000-5Deluxe

Jun 19, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Iceland!?!? Newfi??!

Great read.. I have a pioneer 500, and ever since this thing came out, I want it.You're correct, we work for what we want. This vehicle will cost me $30k Canadian by the time its all done, more then I paid for my first house.. for a toy. A toy that I cannot wait to sit my ass in. Mine is already ordered and I will be the first one on PEI to own one..(PEI is a small Island on the east coast of Canada for those of you who don't know).

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got price from my dealer today. $19,750 and $20,750, both includes everything but tax. Told him I'd pay a premium for a Honda, but not $5,000 more than the comparable competitors models. Told him to let me know when they can be bought in the 17k-18K range for the X.

Anyone else get a firm price?

What’s comparable at $5,000 less?
And since nobody’s actually driven one yet, who’s to say what it will be competitive with?

Reactions: Plumber32
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
What’s comparable at $5,000 less?
And since nobody’s actually driven one yet, who’s to say what it will be competitive with?

RZR100XP, YXZ would be comparable machines I'm thinking of based on the machine specifications. Both can be found in the 14-16 range with mfr incentives and dealer discounts. Even Pioneer 1000s can be found $4-5000 under MSRP for last years 2018 models.

I would absolutely love to get at Talon and have been waiting for a sport from Honda since the Pioneer 500s and 700s came out. Bought a Pioneer 500 just to keep me riding in the meantime and love it, just ready for more power and more comfortable ride. I still have the impulse desire to buy one now, but so far I've been able to convince myself to wait it out another year.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RZR100XP, YXZ would be comparable machines I'm thinking of based on the machine specifications. Both can be found in the 14-16 range with mfr incentives and dealer discounts. Even Pioneer 1000s can be found $4-5000 under MSRP for last years 2018 models.

I would absolutely love to get at Talon and have been waiting for a sport from Honda since the Pioneer 500s and 700s came out. Bought a Pioneer 500 just to keep me riding in the meantime and love it, just ready for more power and more comfortable ride. I still have the impulse desire to buy one now, but so far I've been able to convince myself to wait it out another year.

I hear ya on the impulse thing. I don’t even have a sxs yet, I’m still living vicariously thru all you guys. I,m more in the Pioneer category but looking at the Talon just does something for my soul.

T

TheHammerhead

Dec 1, 2018
Peoria
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda Talon Pricing has just been announced to top Honda Powersports Dealers.

With the Talon 1000R with an MSRP of $20,999
and the Talon 1000X coming with an MSRP of $19,999.

McKibben Powersports was one of the first to drop the news and provided the info above.

With that said,
It doesn't look like I will be getting one anytime soon!
View attachment 100860

View attachment 100827 View attachment 100828
Really wanted one back in November
My local dealer in Phoenix speculated back then they’d be 20k ish and probably sell at Msrp or higher for the first year. Not wanting to buy 1st year anyway, bought a P1k-5 deluxe and saved over 4 K. Love it
But I do like the Talon just not that much.
Probably take 10 years hard riding to wear out pioneer anyway. Can’t keep up with the bruisers but I do make more miles while they be wrenching. My neighbor took a lot of courage to ask me to help him roll his Rzr off the trailer and into the shop. Couldn’t resist asking what the funny grinding noises were.

Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I hear mother Honda is going to let the aftermarket take over as far as performance upgrades like a turbo kit, etc. I'm still waiting for a turbo kit for my 1000-5.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I want to thank the guys that will wait a year to buy. It means I will get mine faster and for a better price.
I want to thank the guys that are running out to get one instantly. That’ll drop demand a bit in a year and work out any kinks. Maybe even some cool color or Special Edition with some better shocks:)

Last edited:
C

carlsonjmc

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was hoping 18k but figured it would be 20k. It’s in line with the comparable 2019 Units however it doesn’t really compare at all with anything on the market, it has high and low range, DCT on a Sport Machine with the torque of a 2 cylinder motor. I’ll be in Cleveland to sit in one and if I get my 6’6” 280lbs a** comfortably in the seat of an X without too much modifications I will be ordering one. I need 2 sxs to match my 2 ATC 350x. Lol

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
$26,999 here in canadaland... FAWWWWKKKKK
oh well.. its ordered... can't wait

EDIT... and NO R for canada at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Home of Tony’s Tuna Fishing. Want to catch a 1000 pound Blue fin tuna, Tony is the guy.
True story... PEI is a huge tuna fishing area..and claim to fame for the largest great white shark caught and reliably measured as well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!