BOX1

Talon Honda Talon pricing is out.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There will be deals on the Talon at Abernathy’s that will establish the lowest (or at least near the lowest) price if history repeats. My reservation will be less than MSRP by more than a few hundred dollars. But dealers don’t have their cost yet to set a price, at least they didn’t a few days ago.
Some dealers will set pricing at MSRP to take advantage of the demand others probably don’t discount because they lack competition. If the price is an important factor it will pay to wait and let pricing settle down, IMO! There’s a chance that Polaris and/or CanAm/A.C. Will intro the Team Industries Dual Clutch tranny on a model or two. Polaris intro’d The Turbo S in early spring so..... Competition is going to give all of us better choices but maybe no better pricing. The XP 1000 MSRP is $18499 only $1500 less than the Talon X. I would guess that a DC XP with comparable shocks and inferior quality would be priced at least the same as the TalonX.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Honda.ca has the 1000X pricing now.. they took the R off the website.

T

TheHammerhead

Dec 1, 2018
Peoria
Ownership

1. Talon R
Really wanted one back in November
My local dealer in Phoenix speculated back then they’d be 20k ish and probably sell at Msrp or higher for the first year. Not wanting to buy 1st year anyway, bought a P1k-5 deluxe and saved over 4 K. Love it
But I do like the Talon just not that much.
Probably take 10 years hard riding to wear out pioneer anyway. Can’t keep up with the bruisers but I do make more miles while they be wrenching. My neighbor took a lot of courage to ask me to help him roll his Rzr off the trailer and into the shop. Couldn’t resist asking what the funny grinding noises were.
Just had the Honda dealer call me to drum up business. Turns out maybe the talon isn’t as popular as they thought. Deal is still msrp but dealership will eat 1300 and change in delivery and set up fees. Said thanks but no I have a new Pioneer, he asked me where I bought it. From you a little over a month ago says I, you have no idea who I am. Yet he help load it on my trailer.
So much for meaningful relationships buying high dollar items. On to the next client.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Just had the Honda dealer call me to drum up business. Turns out maybe the talon isn’t as popular as they thought. Deal is still msrp but dealership will eat 1300 and change in delivery and set up fees. Said thanks but no I have a new Pioneer, he asked me where I bought it. From you a little over a month ago says I, you have no idea who I am. Yet he help load it on my trailer.
So much for meaningful relationships buying high dollar items. On to the next client.

Pretty sure the destination fee is bogus anyway. I'ver heard from a couple different people that the dealer doesnt get charged. I have been quoted 250 under MSRP, no extra fees, and $500 under MSRP (not sure about extra fees)

Last edited:
R

RaceCityRiders

Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
From the dealer I go through.

Screenshot 20190111 105229 Gmail

OldTruckie

OldTruckie

Feb 13, 2017
Bullhead City, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's MSRP how much are they willing to come off depends if I will go with a Talon or another brand.
They're not coming off it at all for a while, I'll say a year or more. When I bought my 1000-5 it was MSRP or we'll see ya later. IF the TALON comes out very popular, we could see surcharges until they get to all the dealers in numbers.

D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
I don't think I'll even look at it until I see what Abernathy wants for one.
Dwight

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Abernathy’s will set the bar for the lowest price and it won’t be MSRP or include freight or setup. There will be dealers that discount and those that don’t. Competition or lack of is a factor. There’s always going to be that sales pitch that “this is a new model and in such high demand that we can’t discount the price”. I just got that on a new SUV I am buying and ended up getting a big discount to match a competitors price.

B

brenton_B

Sep 19, 2018
nebraska
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pretty sure the destination fee is bogus anyway. I'ver heard from a couple different people that the dealer doesnt get charged. I have been quoted 250 under MSRP, no extra fees, and $500 under MSRP (not sure about extra fees)
Dealerships definitely get charged for destination fees and the Talons went up over $900 for shipping. It sucks but those truckers and their company's want to get paid haha

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Abernathy’s will set the bar for the lowest price and it won’t be MSRP or include freight or setup. There will be dealers that discount and those that don’t. Competition or lack of is a factor. There’s always going to be that sales pitch that “this is a new model and in such high demand that we can’t discount the price”. I just got that on a new SUV I am buying and ended up getting a big discount to match a competitors price.

I contacted Abernathys last week. They would not give me a price on the Talon yet other than MSRP.

Reactions: Smitty335
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think that Brookhaven Honda would be comparable to anyone.

Reactions: Smitty335

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sport Cycles in Rockingham Nc gas quoted me 17500 plus tax for the x when it arrives.
That’s 12.5% off-almost unbelievable even to me the eternal optimist. Are you a long time customer? Could they have made a mistake?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

bigbass

May 6, 2018
Clinton NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have bought a few units from them and spoke to the owner Jerry yesterday and that is what he said. I really cant be sure until they arrive. Everything I have bought from him kn the past is usually the cheapest I can find. I gave 15k out the door last March for a 2018 p1k5 deluxe. I bought one of my p5s from him in 16 for 7500 otd.

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do Talons have high-elevation issues with maintaining low end and torque? I have a Pioneer 700-4 but want to get into crawling/climbing sometime in the future and would need that suspension travel? Thanks!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Do Talons have high-elevation issues with maintaining low end and torque? I have a Pioneer 700-4 but want to get into crawling/climbing sometime in the future and would need that suspension travel? Thanks!
Yes, I responded to this in the other post….

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!