Honda Talon Sub-Harness failure help

M

mamhbfun2

Feb 3, 2020
Mammoth, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey all,

I installed the sub-harness on my talon 4 and went to connect an accessory when it was hot and it lost power. Figured it was a fuse and found my accessory 1 popped. Once I replaced it the harness still doesn't have power. Checked all the fused in the box between the passenger seats, nothing popped. Any ideas why it would have power now? could I have fried the harness? other fuses Im missing? little lost on what to try next and I'm not an electrical expert. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I dont have much help other that I can see in the diagram.

Fyi, This info is off the 2 seat diagram. I would assume it's close to the same.

Ok. so....

Does the 10A ACC have power?

If yes.
The 10A Unit Power right beside it should also have power as they are linked.

If NO.
The 10A ACC is fed from the ignition switch.

IF the machine starts,
then you need to test the key switch. Most likley killed this trigger point or a wire in between.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
And, which harness are you installing?
This one?

Reactions: Smitty335
K

Kimiko2005

Nov 9, 2019
California
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all,

I installed the sub-harness on my talon 4 and went to connect an accessory when it was hot and it lost power. Figured it was a fuse and found my accessory 1 popped. Once I replaced it the harness still doesn't have power. Checked all the fused in the box between the passenger seats, nothing popped. Any ideas why it would have power now? could I have fried the harness? other fuses Im missing? little lost on what to try next and I'm not an electrical expert. Thanks for the help in advance.

I did the exact same thing. How did you fix the problem? All my fuses are in tact but my volt meter on my switch plate doesn't read voltage and none on my rocker switches light up and no power to my accessories.

T

Talexander

May 29, 2023
Cleveland, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did the exact same thing. How did you fix the problem? All my fuses are in tact but my volt meter on my switch plate doesn't read voltage and none on my rocker switches light up and no power to my accessories.
Did anyone find anything out? Having the same problem.

Pacman1976

Pacman1976

Sep 16, 2022
Deming, NM
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I appreciate you getting back to me. I don't know what the problem is I connected the light bar to test it and everything lid up fine. Then lost power to the harness. Checked all fuses and nothing looks popped.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate you getting back to me. I don't know what the problem is I connected the light bar to test it and everything lid up fine. Then lost power to the harness. Checked all fuses and nothing looks popped.
Remove the harness and check for power from the Talon. I think there was an issue with the wire on the blue plug not being seated correctly.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am somewhat local to you, if you didn't figure this out yet, I may be able to swing by and check things out with you.
Take some pics of his rig for him and show him how to post em while your there too! 🤣 JK

Nice of you to offer ro go over there and help out

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Checked all fuses and nothing looks popped.
How did u check the fuses?
Dont use a test light, use a Volt meeter on ohms and not with a tone. Just streight ohms and for spite, look through the fuse with a flash light to see if its broke. Sometimes they look and read right but have a hairline brake and will fool you. Go through all the easy stuff first cuz if u dont you wont be happy when it is that.

T

Talexander

May 29, 2023
Cleveland, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I struggled with this problem for days. Then, I traced the wire from the back of the cigarette lighter plug (under the hood) and it meets at a plug to plug into the rest of the main harness. The plug was not snapped closed entirely and vibrated loose. I just had to push it together and BAM, everything was good again. Hope that's your issue too!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I struggled with this problem for days. Then, I traced the wire from the back of the cigarette lighter plug (under the hood) and it meets at a plug to plug into the rest of the main harness. The plug was not snapped closed entirely and vibrated loose. I just had to push it together and BAM, everything was good again. Hope that's your issue too!
You need to post pics of your rig and do a welcome thread as well. These guys get Honore when you don't!
POIDH

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!