Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think Honda used to do that too. Then some one started throwing the images up on the interweb.
I am sure Honda has a bigger Engineering and patent department to submit these than I did at the time. My engineering dept consisted of 2 us for a long time.

Reactions: BWAF, JTW and sharp
H

HondaTech

Press release doesn’t say what year. With the history of release delays from Honda it Could be November 27, 2019. LOL

They'll either tease or spill their guts on the stated date, then tell us our Sales representative will be in touch to set up ordering in Feb-Mar for June delivery. They'll only allocate us 1 of the most expensive models in red for the entire first month, Then we'll be able to order 1 of each model for the next 6 months till production stabilizes. All the while in those 6 months we'll get customers needing parts that aren't available for another 6 months.

If the past has anything to look forward to.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know this won’t be the most popular thing to say but if the past has taught me anything it’s not to buy the machine in the first year. We will probably buy this over the YXZ however this time I’m going to let someone else’s time and dime do the R&D for the Talon. Wait a year and pick it up with the service bulletins already done.
I truly hope they are in the ball this time, and I hope for a better release of solid product though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know this won’t be the most popular thing to say but if the past has taught me anything it’s not to buy the machine in the first year. We will probably buy this over the YXZ however this time I’m going to let someone else’s time and dime do the R&D for the Talon. Wait a year and pick it up with the service bulletins already done.
I truly hope they are in the ball this time, I do expect a better release of product though.
Think a year is enough, I don't, unless everything is identical to the P1 except suspension??????????

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Think a year is enough, I don't, unless everything is identical to the P1 except suspension??????????
I think there will be less problems depending on the technical side. They learned a bit on the Pioneer but it cost the company a lot in both repair and reputation so I’m sure they’re being a little more cautious. My personal prediction tells me to wait. Warrantee has proved to be bulls*** and if I’d have an issue before the service bulletin its sol. Mho.
But with all that said I’m sure it’ll be an awesome machine, as long as the narrow version is same width as Pioneer and proves to be solid then I want one! My P1K5 and Wolverine aren’t going anywhere so I’ll need a larger trailer too.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I truly hope they are in the ball this time, and I hope for a better release of solid product though.
If you don't do their R&D, who will?

J

JTW

I agree.. the yxz would be my sport machine

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im thinking there will be a lot more pictures of the Talon coming out by this weekend. The Powersports expo is in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay is going on this week.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree.. the yxz would be my sport machine
I have been tempted, I would want the low range kit with either the Rekluse clutch or SS (paddle shift). If the Talon isn't what I hope it is I'll be YXZ shopping.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have been tempted, I would want the low range kit with either the Rekluse clutch or SS (paddle shift). If the Talon isn't what I hope it is I'll be YXZ shopping.
Look at the Textron Havoc, in person! they come with a three year Warranty.

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Im thinking there will be a lot more pictures of the Talon coming out by this weekend. The Powersports expo is in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay is going on this week.
Na. It's not at the expo. And Honda was hot about the leak. So they are being very careful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Na. It's not at the expo. And Honda was hot about the leak. So they are being very careful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So, does that mean they have a weak entry into the sport model?

H

HondaTech

As far as 1st year issues I believe the engine trans will be well sorted, they cant have another clutch issue.

The patent images appear to have the engine far back enough to keep heat out of the cabin as much as possible.

If anything the suspension would be the only place I could see issues arising, but Honda doesn't ever have suspension problems that warrant recalls or at all for that matter. I think the P1K has opened their eyes to seeing what SXS buyers expect (at least from everybody but Polaris) and will turn it up for this.

That doesn't mean some dealers out there wont let stuff slip by that should never make it to the end users. That's where I believe a lot of the P1K odd issues have been coming from.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've seen the havoc - in person.
It's going to need a 3 year warranty.
Kind of a toss up between the havoc and a Bristers Chuckwagon (as seen at Tractor Supply Co).

Maybe I will wait till November
You have not, the frames and a arms on the Textron are massive! Makes me think all the frame componits on my beloved Pioneer are going to snap sitting in the shop. Check out the trailing arms on the Wild Cat XXX, very different.

Reactions: BWAF and Tramguage1
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ummm....NO
Really? You been to a dealership? A friend of mine who I raced motocross for years with, manages a multi brand motor cycle dealer ship, carries the Textron in his line up. I would hate to go to a belt drive, but I think about all the money I've spent getting Rooster ready for searous woods riding, I could have bought a butt load of belts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!