BOX1

Talon Honda to officially announce the Talon November 27

B

Bambam1987

Sep 29, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Will it have low range? And will the dct take the abuse it will see at windrock park?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Really? You been to a dealership? A friend of mine who I raced motocross for years with, manages a multi brand motor cycle dealer ship, carries the Textron in his line up. I would hate to go to a belt drive, but I think about all the money I've spent getting Rooster ready for searous woods riding, I could have bought a butt load of belts.
Adding stickers isn’t that big of an expense to prepare it for the woods. After all those stickers are going to get shredded. Better keep her on the highways:confused:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think all you guys are thinking about the Arctic Cat that Textron bought, they kept most of the engineers from Arctic Cat and said, Textron has deep pockets, go design a machine to compete wit RZR's and Can Am's, totally different designed machines now, if you haven't been to a dealer ship that has the 2019 models in the last three months, you have no idea! The stock front and rear a arms on the Havoc make Super Atv a arms look like spaghetti. I will probably ride a Honda the rest of my life. I think Textron has raised the level on suspension components and Honda will have to raise there's.

Reactions: BWAF
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Really? You been to a dealership? A friend of mine who I raced motocross for years with, manages a multi brand motor cycle dealer ship, carries the Textron in his line up. I would hate to go to a belt drive, but I think about all the money I've spent getting Rooster ready for searous woods riding, I could have bought a butt load of belts.

Yes I have been to the dealership, stopped at Nelson's SnoMotion.....snowmobile/orv show they put on every year, last weekend in Aug. They are a full line dealer, Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat/Textron, I looked at them all. The ACTextron was interesting but not for me, I don't want a belt drive and it will take several years before I look at another Arctic Cat product regardless of who is the owner at the time, too many bad experiences with Cat in the past. I almost pulled the trigger on a P1K5 Limited that day but I decided to hold out until spring in case Honda surprises us all. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I test drove the Textron X2 the other day. Going to do a trail test on the 28th.

Oh yea, belt change in 15 minutes with NO tools
OW, so you've been to a dealership, these are bad A! Watched a test with the Wild Catt XXX against the Yamaha, RZR and Can AM. Did a drag race with all five, the XXX finished last by a half length, then they ran them through some muddy whoops, the XXX finished 1st. I think they are great machines and believe they will make all MGF's step up there game.

B

Bambam1987

Sep 29, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't see any reason for Honda remove Low Range when its already on the P1K and the Talon is most definitely using the same engine or derivative of it.
Never been in a pioneer been out of sxs since 2015 had one of everything up till that point. But am in the market again and will either be this or x3 since they finally got a locker.

Reactions: sharp, JTW and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes I have been to the dealership, stopped at Nelson's SnoMotion.....snowmobile/orv show they put on every year, last weekend in Aug. They are a full line dealer, Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat/Textron, I looked at them all. The ACTextron was interesting but not for me, I don't want a belt drive and it will take several years before I look at another Arctic Cat product regardless of who is the owner at the time, too many bad experiences with Cat in the past. I almost pulled the trigger on a P1K5 Limited that day but I decided to hold out until spring in case Honda surprises us all. :)
I really hope Honda surprises us with a great sport model, but I really doubt it will happen. Honda has the engineers to smoke them all, it's the bean counters holding them back, why make a great S x S, when you are making a ton of money on a mediocre machine, well the wave will catch you Honda!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
TURD! I've got over $ 3,500 in shocks and A arms on Roster, plus skid plate and ,and, and! HA!
I love our Pioneer but that’s where the Wolvie shines for the money. That 3500 we all spent comes standard on the 11k r-spec. Plus rad guard Warn and a roof. Woods ready it is.
As far as Textron though no way. It’s Japanese or nothing for me anymore, don’t care what machine leaves the gate the fastest, longitivtiy matters to me. Feel damn good about the Pioneer now.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love our Pioneer but that’s where the Wolvie shines for the money. That 3500 we all spent comes standard on the 11k r-spec. Plus rad guard Warn and a roof. Woods ready it is.
As far as Textron though no way. It’s Japanese or nothing for me anymore, don’t care what machine leaves the gate the fastest, longitivtiy matters to me. Feel damn good about the Pioneer now.
The Textron has a Yamaha motor for 19. Yamaha probably has the best motor out there right now!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Look at the Textron Havoc, in person! they come with a three year Warranty.
CfGEOVqUAAAVT 6

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OW, so you've been to a dealership, these are bad A! Watched a test with the Wild Catt XXX against the Yamaha, RZR and Can AM. Did a drag race with all five, the XXX finished last by a half length, then they ran them through some muddy whoops, the XXX finished 1st. I think they are great machines and believe they will make all MGF's step up there game.
I will do a review after my actual trail test of the Wildcat XX. First impressions is they spent a lot of time on drivetrain and suspension. The finishes are very good and design is simple but adequate.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!