UPDATE from HONDA at the AIMExpo today.
Talon is set to be announced November 27th.
Just in case you haven't been following along lately. HondaSxS.com acquired pictures of the Honda Talon a few months back against Honda's liking. These were quickly confirmed to be the first units off the pre-production line in South Carolina and were being crated up heading to a photo shoot.Oct 9, 2018 - LAS VEGAS, Nevada
Today at the AIMExpo powersports trade show, American Honda revealed that it will produce a new sport side-by-side. Honda said that the model name and specifications will be announced on November 27 in conjunction with the launch of an advertising campaign called "Life is Better SxS."
Honda is a leading manufacturer in the four-wheel powersports category, offering a hugely popular full line of off-road products. Honda officially entered the side-by-side category in 2009 with the utility-focused Big Red. Currently, Honda's Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700 and Pioneer 1000 enjoy great success in the multipurpose side-by-side segment.
So what do we know about this TALON?
- Naturally aspirated. No, there will NOT be a turbo version this year.
- Same drivetrain as the Pioneer 1000.
- 6 Speed DCT.
- Paddle shifters
- Bucket seats.
- Cockpit seating with center shifter.
- HP has been bumped up and is currently UNKNOWN.
- Rear mounted engine.
- Trailing arm suspension. 2 versions, 3 link and 5 link.
- Expect 2 versions of the Talon. Like a Woods and Desert versions.
- No 4 seater this year but expect one to follow.
- I-4WD is not known.
- Not expecting a 50" Talon currently.
- Availability early spring.