Talon Honda to officially announce the Talon November 27

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought the new yam had an auto option?

They have 2 different models for the clutching, the standard, witch has a clutch pedal, and the ss, their sport shift where you use their pedals, I don’t think they have an auto mode. Could be wrong, I’ve not really looked into their ss model. The way I see it why would you get a sport model that is a auto any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I'm a little late to this party but wonder if it is for certain shaft driven?

And will it simply be a revised 1000 from our p1k's? Will there be a smaller version...say a 800 or 900?

Brought a p1k about 1.5 months ago...kinda interested in this new sport model (4 seater of course) which i know wowon't come until later.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Honda makes it, it will be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thats what i figured...but just never know I've seen stranger things. I'm tickled to death to see how these start to take on the competition. I'm normally a buy American kinda guy but honda is my only exception in the off road arena. Love it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
TURD! I've got over $ 3,500 in shocks and A arms on Roster, plus skid plate and ,and, and! HA!
Lmfao, just giving you a hard time buddy! I REALLY like the graphics and the rest of your build, for the record! But... I wonder if you would use Rooster to carve new paths through and over standing trees when no paths exist, using the machine ROPS as a pivot point to make turns when really backing up is not an optiono_O But... then again, I’ve heard about your shenanigans when trail riding and consuming beverages. :rolleyes:
9E98B50B E6DD 4639 BCC1 65B2BA5BCDEE
Be safe out there @Smitty335 ;)

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CumminsPusher
Yes Yamaha 3 cylinder motor with 125 hp stock. I think you would appreciate the layout, no tool belt change, very easy access to motor and all filters. Easy access to the front and rear of the radiator.
No frills in the cockpit but comfortable seats and belts. All suspension attachments are double sheer.

I just need some real life trail time to see how well it all works.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher
Yes Yamaha 3 cylinder motor with 125 hp stock. I think you would appreciate the layout, no tool belt change, very easy access to motor and all filters. Easy access to the front and rear of the radiator.
No frills in the cockpit but comfortable seats and belts. All suspension attachments are double sheer.

Does sound interesting. Is the belt system Yamaha as well because that smokes the competition and made me believe in a belt again, it’s second only to the Honda trans IMO.
I know that Textron has deep pockets but also new to the game, that was Honda’s problem with a few things.
Experience is big when designing. After owning a Yami Sxs you learn quickly that they have the experience. I’m down for other manufacturers to build high quality equipment because it forces everyone to get better, so we’ll see

Reactions: JWB, BWAF and sharp
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
You guys go right ahead and buy the 1st year models. I've been through it with trucks, sxs's, equipment etc. I need a good assortment of used 1000's to trade up from my cam eating 2014 700. It's on it's 2nd cam and cringe every time I start it up. Will it eat another? who knows? Honda doesn't. Besides I think the farm needs another write off next year. Maybe a new or newer 700. It won't be a Talon.

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Whatever happened to Honda single seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher

there are several around here and the owners are giving them high remarks - suspension is suppose to be really good. I like the look of them.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does sound interesting. Is the belt system Yamaha as well because that smokes the competition and made me believe in a belt again, it’s second only to the Honda trans IMO.
I know that Textron has deep pockets but also new to the game, that was Honda’s problem with a few things.
Experience is big when designing. After owning a Yami Sxs you learn quickly that they have the experience. I’m down for other manufacturers to build high quality equipment because it forces everyone to get better, so we’ll see
The major field design was done by Robby Gordon Motorsports. My first thoughts were the suspension of a trophy truck suspension.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!