Talon Honda to officially announce the Talon November 27

H

HondaTech

I've only seen 1 (not exaggerating here) Honda ATV/SXS break, bend or otherwise damage a suspension arm. It was 680 Rincon that was purposely damaged by the owner for insurance by running it over with a dozer. Not counting Tie-rods, everybody breaks them, that's a sacrifice to not destroy your steering box.

Arctic Cat has never impressed me with their products. The Wildcat was hyped so bad. Drove one, got to 45 real quick and fell off. The steering shaft was a cable. Nope you can keep it.

I've got a buddy with a YZX and it sucks for KY terrain, if it's not to the floor it wont climb anything. I cant see why anyone would want 3 pedals in the woods. Too much work for me.

An ex-coworker of mine and very good friend has rolled his 700 end of end and side to side in the same wreck. Bent the front upper downtube and that's it.

You know whos never been towed back after a very hard night ride with him, his Dad's P1k and several RZRs?

The 2 Hondas, I rest my case,

J

JTW

I've only seen 1 (not exaggerating here) Honda ATV/SXS break, bend or otherwise damage a suspension arm. It was 680 Rincon that was purposely damaged by the owner for insurance by running it over with a dozer. Not counting Tie-rods, everybody breaks them, that's a sacrifice to not destroy your steering box.

Arctic Cat has never impressed me with their products. The Wildcat was hyped so bad. Drove one, got to 45 real quick and fell off. The steering shaft was a cable. Nope you can keep it.

I've got a buddy with a YZX and it sucks for KY terrain, if it's not to the floor it wont climb anything. I cant see why anyone would want 3 pedals in the woods. Too much work for me.

An ex-coworker of mine and very good friend has rolled his 700 end of end and side to side in the same wreck. Bent the front upper downtube and that's it.

You know whos never been towed back after a very hard night ride with him, his Dad's P1k and several RZRs?

I bent 2 front lower A arms on my pk5..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My Honda hasn’t left me stranded yet. Knock on wood.
That’s because others did r&d lol. Like I said in my first post in thread about doing things differently on second rig, I wish I had redesigned intake before driving through puddles, hind sight but it’s been redesigned now.
Only time I was actually stranded even with damage or clutch issues (Changed those in the woods)was the puddles. A Hyundai pulled me out from what took out the engine and totaled that rig. Was an awesome machine other then that.
555B2E4B 64FD 45F8 AF36 1DB62D2CD4B4

Last edited:
J

JTW

That’s because others did r&d lol. Like I said in my first post here, I wish I had redesigned intake before driving through puddles, hind sight but it’s been redesigned now.
Only time I was actually stranded even with damage or clutch issues (Changed those in the woods)was the puddles. A Hyundai pulled me out from what took out the engine and totaled that rig. Was an awesome machine other then that.
View attachment 90091
You have the fingers and nails of homeless vampire!

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Build flimsy half baked tie-rods to save your rack and pinion?
That is STUPID STUPID STUPID and really STUPID!!!
That's what my local dealer said just consider your tie rod as a fuse so you don't hurt your rack, NO just build the rack and pinion tuff enough so you can actual do some real off roading.

I ended riding around in a RZR for part of the weekend this summer when we where down at Mulberry because I bent a tie rod and he was hitting the ruff stuff a whole lot harder then I was and he didn't break anything.

I guess I will have to cobble a RZR rack and pinion on my Pioneer? NOT!

Reactions: sharp, JWB and BWAF
H

HondaTech

Well I have plenty of friends with RZRs and their machines are constantly breaking worse than tie rods.

They cant keep rear link bars and a-arms from bending.

Like has been stated before, I bleed red for reason. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I have plenty of friends with RZRs and their machines are constantly breaking worse than tie rods.

They cant keep rear link bars and a-arms from bending.

Like has been stated before, I bleed red for reason. Lol
I really hope Honda nails it with the Talon

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sorely disappointed that they aren't planning a 50' version at this point. If they did, I'd have my name and a deposit on one the day it was released... Guess I'm not getting a Talon- unless the 'woods' version is a lot smaller than the RZR's. I guess I'm gonna have to transplant a P-1000 drive train into a P-500 chassis to get a powerful Honda 50" machine- hard to get a loan for that though....:(

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!