BOX1

Talon Honda to officially announce the Talon November 27

H

HondaTech

Boy, I wonder If Honda made a big mistake, by not introducing the Talon early, the Polaris 19's have been available for a couple of months now, Turbo RZR 1000 $ 17,200.00 all day along day any where in NW Arkansas. And I bet the Talon will come in at $ 19,995.00 And still needs a lot of up grades. I'll probably buy a Textron, killer rigs!

Id hold if I were you, just saying.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My dealer and a few other dealers got to see and set in the new Sport Model at the Las Vegas show. No pictures allowed or specs given but he said they look better then the pictures and there will be two models. The most important thing will be price and the HP numbers. He thinks they went after the number one seller, the RZR 1000 which has been out since 2014. I do expect the price will be about the same as the RZR 1000 models. I should get mine in December.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't wait to see all the numbers then figure out how to get one and keep 1000-5
My dealer and a few other dealers got to see and set in the new Sport Model at the Las Vegas show. No pictures allowed or specs given but he said they look better then the pictures and there will be two models. The most important thing will be price and the HP numbers. He thinks they went after the number one seller, the RZR 1000 which has been out since 2014. I do expect the price will be about the same as the RZR 1000 models. I should get mine in December.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

My sources say no units in dealers till January.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
January is good, I've been waiting since the Big Red in 2009. Bought 17 side by sides since them. I hated belt drive and have changed way too many belts. All the other brands had lots of failures before 10,000 miles. The RZR has 16" front suspension and 18" rear with a 90" wheelbase. 64" wide. My Yamaha YXZ is about the same. The RZR had 110 hp and the YXZ is 112. I do expect the 4 seat models next year and a small sport model with a big 750cc single with a 4 speed and the torque converter that may be used in the Pioneer 700 and the Rincon 700. My Honda sport quad 700 had 53 hp out of the 686cc engine. My Yamaha sport quad got 48 hp out of there 686cc engine. The next 5 years will be interesting.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not lying, that Wildcat XX is intriguing, id love to ride in 1 to see what its all about.
That's what I've been talking about, I really hope Honda knocks it out of the park with the Talon! Textron has set the bar pretty high!

Reactions: BWAF
M

Mikewhite1971-

Oct 19, 2018
Ironton, ohio
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 89842

UPDATE from HONDA at the AIMExpo today.
Talon is set to be announced November 27th.

Just in case you haven't been following along lately. HondaSxS.com acquired pictures of the Honda Talon a few months back against Honda's liking. These were quickly confirmed to be the first units off the pre-production line in South Carolina and were being crated up heading to a photo shoot.

View attachment 89843 View attachment 89844 View attachment 89845 View attachment 89846

So what do we know about this TALON?
  • Naturally aspirated. No, there will NOT be a turbo version this year.
  • Same drivetrain as the Pioneer 1000.
  • 6 Speed DCT.
  • Paddle shifters
  • Bucket seats.
  • Cockpit seating with center shifter.
  • HP has been bumped up and is currently UNKNOWN.
  • Rear mounted engine.
  • Trailing arm suspension. 2 versions, 3 link and 5 link.
  • Expect 2 versions of the Talon. Like a Woods and Desert versions.
  • No 4 seater this year but expect one to follow.
  • I-4WD is not known.
  • Not expecting a 50" Talon currently.
  • Availability early spring.
Will this be announced in Las Vegas on Nov. 27th?

Reactions: BWAF
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I expect the 4 seat model will be next year and Honda will need at least 7 Sport models and 3 or 4 more Pioneer models. Honda stated they want to be number one in SxS sales. It may take another 5 to 10 years to have all the models needed to be number one. Can-Am has done a great job with a new model every 6 months for 3 years. Polaris sales are way out in front now but Can-Am is now 2nd and its a distant 2nd.

Polaris reminds me of the Democrats. They win over all the young dumb kids.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't care how kick ass of a mower someone builds, I will NEVER get excited about mowing grass. Must be because I'm only 1/1024% landscaper. :p
View attachment 90684

Honestly, I do some of my best thinking on the mower. Can't explain it but I do. I've had friends tell me the same. LOL!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!