P500 Honda winch wiring harness

C

cccan

Nov 8, 2016
edmonton
Ownership

1. 500
do I need the Honda winch wiring harness if I use a superwinch rather than the warn winch....do I really need it for either winch? What is the benefit of using the sub harness?..very new to the pioneer world so I apologize if the question has been answered before...thanks Cam from Canada.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
do I need the Honda winch wiring harness if I use a superwinch rather than the warn winch....do I really need it for either winch? What is the benefit of using the sub harness?..very new to the pioneer world so I apologize if the question has been answered before...thanks Cam from Canada.
Welcome from Middle TN! You don't need a wiring harness. You can use a fuse block to wire the winch to the battery. This is what I purchased https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Systems-Blade-Fuse-Blocks/dp/B000THQ0CQ?tag=sxsweb24-20

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If you buy the superwinch kit, you don't need to buy another winch harness. The kit comes with the wiring. The only other thing I would recommend is buying the Honda accessory harness, which is about $10. It will give you fused, key-on power which you will need to wire up the winch. It's a simple install, and there are a couple threads on here about it. Search "superwinch" and you will find some.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
The only harness I used was the $9 one that makes it easier to wire into the accessories switched power. You could just wire into the cigarette lighter but the harness makes it MUCH easier. I went with a superwinch as well. Everything else comes in the box with the winch. Power cables were too short as well so I had to get longer ones.

Reactions: JTW
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Quick basic question - from what I can tell the wiring harness gives you several switched power leads. Would that be good for hooking up light bars as well as a winch?

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
That is how I intend to use the harness. I always wire lights through a relay, where all you need is a 12V "signal" connected to your light switch. The signal activates the relay and turns on the lights. I say all of this because I doubt the accessory harness is meant to directly power any big loads.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!