Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I posted some indie last night for n another thread. I’ll post details here.

We got home from the Takeover, long drive and a flat tire. My one Lab Gunny, wasn’t doing well. We knew in recent months he had something going on possibly neurology thing but we were fighting it with antibiotics. My father in-law was staying at the house watching the dogs. When we got home Gunny looked like his condition was getting much worse and he had no balance and his eyes were very droopy and red. He was also running into everything. So we thought it was best to call MSU and see what might be wrong but I had a feeling. His litter mate Rem nugged him before he left a very touching moment. when When we arrived, the vet had felt with this kind of situation in the past and she diagnosed the thing I thought was inevitable. He had a brain tumor that had progressively got worse. He also had a spell while he was in there and he basically just gave up. His vital signs on his body was good but his brain wasn’t functioning. So we made the dreadful decision to put him down. I cried like a baby and still now. He was a tuff dog and the best lab I ever had. He lived a good and happy life. Those that knew him knew that he was a very loving and energetic dog. His pain is gone now and he has met his brothers of our family he never knew he had.
I’ll miss you buddy!
BF4FFC79 6D48 4521 A15C F44A0E7CEE5E
5A4F27DF 6899 4DF8 9BB3 05DF8C5E0C83
37F50402 7A1F 4D40 9A9F 9C4E7D477092
D14FA1DF E468 4F0A 9B47 F44208781DE7
80413784 4B8C 4618 9BD9 D1F08E6DFB31

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We got home from the Takeover, long drive and a flat tire. My one Lab Gunny, wasn’t doing well. We knew in recent months he had something going on possibly neurology thing but we were fighting it with antibiotics. My father in-law was staying at the house watching the dogs. When we got home Gunny looked like his condition was getting much worse and he had no balance and his eyes were very droopy and red. He was also running into everything. So we thought it was best to call MSU and see what might be wrong but I had a feeling. His litter mate Rem nugged him before he left a very touching moment. when When we arrived, the vet had felt with this kind of situation in the past and she diagnosed the thing I thought was inevitable. He had a brain tumor that had progressively got worse. He also had a spell while he was in there and he basically just gave up. His vital signs on his body was good but his brain wasn’t functioning. So we made the dreadful decision to put him down. I cried like a baby and still now. He was a tuff dog and the best lab I ever had. He lived a good and happy life. Those that knew him knew that he was a very loving and energetic dog. His pain is gone now and he has met his brothers of our family he never knew he had.
I’ll miss you buddy!
View attachment 127707 View attachment 127711 View attachment 127712 View attachment 127713 View attachment 127714
Sorry for the loss Mark.
I hate reading these posts in this thread.
He lived a fantastic life with you and Rhonda.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
If that does not bring a tear to your eyes nothing will. Sorry for your lose and I am understanding your pain. Our little fella is fighting cancer and all we can do now is keep him pain free but when we can't we will have to do what is best for him as you did for you little buddy. Everyday our Ruger wakes up pain free we consider it a days bonus.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry for the loss Mark.
I hate reading these posts in this thread.
He lived a fantastic life with you and Rhonda.
Sorry for your loss Remington... I teared up reading your post.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks guys it means a lot to me. I posted it here to let you folks know. There my kids and you guys are like family.

You know...Gunny never judged me for who I am or my short comings nether. I guess I was just ok by him. He was one Awesome dog.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I’ll miss you buddy!
View attachment 127707 View attachment 127711 View attachment 127712 View attachment 127713 View attachment 127714

That sucks man... so sorry for your loss.

All of us that are pet lovers have been there, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Now that our little girl is grown and married, our pups are our family!

Between cats and dogs, we lost 4 friends last year. I sincerely hope this year is less eventful.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’ll miss you buddy!

Sorry for your loss sir.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
We’re going to take Rem for a walk. He’s a little loss but I think mostly feeding off our feelings. He’ll love all the extra attention after a while I’m sure.
CDEB9CBD A823 40BD A274 B61D3F3ABF1A

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I’ll miss you buddy!

Man, sorry to hear about Gunny Mark, that's some heavy news. You made the right choice though by not letting him suffer through anymore of that. Glad we got to meet him, he was a character. My wife's a wreck now and won't even look at the pics. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
Hope the man upstairs likes slobber.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Man, sorry to hear about Gunny Mark, that's some heavy news. You made the right choice though by not letting him suffer through anymore of that. Glad we got to meet him, he was a character. My wife's a wreck now and won't even look at the pics. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
Hope the man upstairs likes slobber.
Thanks Brian means a lot. He was a good one and quite the slobberer lol. We took Rem for a long walk and got him some ice cream this afternoon trying to take his mind off his brother being gone. He’s all worn out now and sleeping.

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’ll miss you buddy!
Sorry to hear this Mark. We know how you feel about the boys. You and Ronda are in our thoughts. We lost our old dog a couple months ago and it really sucks.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to hear this Mark. We know how you feel about the boys. You and Ronda are in our thoughts. We lost our old dog a couple months ago and it really sucks.
Thanks Steve. Sorry to hear about that also. Yes it does suck. Keeps running through my mind. Time will heal

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’ll miss you buddy!
Sorry for your loss it is hard to lose one that has been a good friend and a loved one.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Koda and Dixie went on their first day trip today. Both dogs ate it up in their own way. A couple of shots that really sum up there personalities well- Koda always on the prowl...
IMG 20190527 125411451

And Dixie- constantly on the prowl.... For a good place to take a nap :D

IMG 20190527 142113232 HDR

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got home from the cottage from the Memorial Day weekend today and Gunny had made it home and was waiting for us on the porch :( I knew he was due home soon and maybe while we were gone, so I put a rubber made container with a weight in it to keep him secure and safe When he came back home. As I took him out of the container the sadness all came rushing back to me again as I opened the well packed and secured box with the concrete paw Memorial marker with his name on it. He was missed this weekend by our friends that come and camp on Memorial Day and have known him since he was an 8week old pup. Now for his journey back to the cabin in the next 2 weeks. I hope and pray that God gives me the strength to make it through that weekend as I lay him to rest in his favorite place.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!