P1000 Hours/miles when new

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very interesting John, thanks for the clarification.

I think the Better Business Bureau is a good start, but I don't think you'd get anywhere on the legal end. Cars can legally be sold as new regardless of miles unless they've been previously titled...I imagine most states have similar laws for UTVs. I wouldn't be happy about it either, but I don't think there's a perfect resolution here. Now that you've purchased it, they can no longer sell it as new, which means they'd take a huge loss taking it back from you. Might be worth squeezing them a bit more, perhaps over some accessories or something. But beyond that I think you're stuck.

In the long run I don't think it'll matter, though. These things seem to be tough as nails, so I wouldn't expect issues from an unknown first 84 miles unless it was submerged, which would be clearly evident.
Oh I'm done, there is no recourse at this point, it's buyer beware and we all know that, it was my fault for letting them slip it in the back.

Typical scumbag vehicle salesmen, unfortunately I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida, three dealers with very little selection in like 100 miles either way.

I owned 3 Polaris Rangers before my first Honda Pioneer and I wish the Polaris dealership in Ft. Pierce sold Honda's, they are top notch, fair deals and real customer service.

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They don't come in a crate, they are "drive offs" , meaning they are driven off the delivery truck, needing some minor assembly.
They are in a factory metal crate, they do roll them out of the crate.

Reactions: BWAF
H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
None like that in this part of the world. I've seen pics of them in crates at the Honda warehouse, but all the SxS's that are shipped from Seattle are drive offs.
Mine was in a metal crate at the dealer it was in the crate when they showed it to me.

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wood crates in Nevada. Looked at several colors before deciding the Honda Red was still my color.

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!