P1000 How do you secure the second battery?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. I just keep the standard GDO in the glovebox, but might look for one of those.

After all, most of what I do looks ok but is stupid ... simple. 🤣

I assume, being as you are still able to type on a keyboard, that you are not referring to your wife . . .

• Haha
Reactions: CID
D

Double-D

Dec 1, 2020
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2022 P1000-5 and I'm going to add a second battery but not sure how to secure it. Any thoughts? Also, does any know the size of the battery wires used in the kit? I'm going to have to make some custom ones to fit my situation I think. Thanks in advance.
I just put a piece of rubber under my 2nd battery and drilled a hole on each side of the battery. I then ran a zip tie through the holes and around the battery. I've had it like this for 2 years and it hasn't moved.

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I just put a piece of rubber under my 2nd battery and drilled a hole on each side of the battery. I then ran a zip tie through the holes and around the battery. I've had it like this for 2 years and it hasn't moved.
I'm not sure if the older than 2022 models are different, but on mine, I don't think I can see the bottom or sides of the compartment without removing more body work. That is the only reason I'm not using a large zip tie.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to put it in that cavity under the hood (where most people mount them). I think I have it figured out. I'm going to use a lashing strap. I'm going to melt two holes in the strap, drill two corresponding holes on the side of the cavity and use the plastic style rivets that hold on the various plastic parts on the Honda to hold the strap in place. Since the battery fits so tight in that space, the rivets should not have any room to back out, so they should secure it for the most part. I'm probably going to wedge it too with some foam on the side to limit any movement as much possible. I'm expecting the extra cable and connectors today since for my setup, I'm going to have to make or modify the wires. I plan on mounting an Auxbeam controller on top of the battery too. That will be hopefully negate needing a stinger or relay. I'll use one of the factory switched to turn the Auxbeam on, so there should be no parasitic loss when not in use and still allow it to be used with the key off. The Auxbeam switch plate fits perfect on the 2022. I test fit it the other day.

View attachment 359349
In the front side of the cavity there is a brace that goes from side to side. You can see it from the RH wheel well.
I drilled down through it and put a stud (bolt facing up and lock nutted) in there to connect a strap to.

Reactions: duratime

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!