P1000m5 How many miles/hours on brand new Pioneer

Roy906

Roy906

Apr 10, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone. New to the forum and just brought home my brand new Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I ordered this back in early March. They said they had a couple deluxe units coming in from Honda and would arrive this month. They called me last week and said it arrived and they just needed to do the inspection and I could pick it up today. At the dealership I drove it around and looked over everything but never thought to look at the mileage or hours. When I got home I starting looking over it again and noticed that there were 95 miles and 19 hours already on it. Has anyone else seen this? How many miles and hours are typically on them from factory and dealer functional tests? I feel like I may have been screwed.

c_carrierlj

c_carrierlj

Feb 21, 2021
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey man. I just brought my brand new PK5 home on Thursday. Reading your post had me curious so I went and looked at mine. Maybe keep pressing the little black button on the screen and scroll through everything, and pay close attention to every single set of numbers. I saw a couple of weird numbers also. But the ODO said 3 and the hours screen said 1.3. Just scroll through all of them again and see what ya find....

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey man. I just brought my brand new PK5 home on Thursday. Reading your post had me curious so I went and looked at mine. Maybe keep pressing the little black button on the screen and scroll through everything, and pay close attention to every single set of numbers. I saw a couple of weird numbers also. But the ODO said 3 and the hours screen said 1.3. Just scroll through all of them again and see what ya find....
X2. One screen shows how many hours till your next service. The same on the miles, shows miles till next service.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone. New to the forum and just brought home my brand new Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I ordered this back in early March. They said they had a couple deluxe units coming in from Honda and would arrive this month. They called me last week and said it arrived and they just needed to do the inspection and I could pick it up today. At the dealership I drove it around and looked over everything but never thought to look at the mileage or hours. When I got home I starting looking over it again and noticed that there were 95 miles and 19 hours already on it. Has anyone else seen this? How many miles and hours are typically on them from factory and dealer functional tests? I feel like I may have been screwed.
You probably got 5 miles and less than 1 hour.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Cool. Thanks man!! Feel kinda like an idiot now but glad you cleared that up!
IMO the best way to avoid being an idiot is often to ask questions. I've found that if I ask a sensible question here someone will give me a sensible answer. As a newcomer to side by sides and atvs I've learned a lot here.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
IMO the best way to avoid being an idiot is often to ask questions. I've found that if I ask a sensible question here someone will give me a sensible answer. As a newcomer to side by sides and atvs I've learned a lot here.
Thank you for the help! Feel a little dumb but I thought the 95 and 19 were the miles and hours and the 5 and 1 were trip meters.
Very good point @HBarlow !

Also to add to what ^^^^said,
You may have heard of or not the phrase, “pics or it didnt happen!”?
that also helps when you join and describing an issue. ;)

BTW welcome from the Restricted state of Michigan!
enjoy your new machine🥳

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ours had 3/10th's
Anything over a couple of miles has been most likely used as a demo unless it's sat on the lot for months and taken in and out every day. Or someone took it on a joy ride! 95 miles and 19 hours is not a brand new machine.

Roy906

Roy906

Apr 10, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very good point @HBarlow !

Also to add to what ^^^^said,
You may have heard of or not the phrase, “pics or it didnt happen!”?
that also helps when you join and describing an issue. ;)

BTW welcome from the Restricted state of Michigan!
enjoy your new machine🥳
I will keep that in mind! And actually I updated that. I was originally from the U.P. Of Michigan and still go riding around there but I actually live in Wisconsin now. Thanks again!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will keep that in mind! And actually I updated that. I was originally from the U.P. Of Michigan and still go riding around there but I actually live in Wisconsin now. Thanks again!
Nice! I love the UP! I have a cabin in the northern lower 45 min south of the bridge.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice

Awesome! I’ve never actually been to the lower peninsula. Is there a lot of good riding around there?
Yes, in the northern upper. All the snowmobile trails and now state land logging roads are open

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!