P1000 How to cut down air flow?

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's cold here now. A bit below freezing. The OEM heater works when I'm not traveling quickly, but as soon as I have a straight area or a gravel road the wind coming up through the gear selector and the 2,4, lock switch is crazy.

Any ideas how to cut down that wind? I've seen a bit of DYI door seals I plan to try...hopefully that keeps the snowdrifts IN the cab to a minimum.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's cold here now. A bit below freezing. The OEM heater works when I'm not traveling quickly, but as soon as I have a straight area or a gravel road the wind coming up through the gear selector and the 2,4, lock switch is crazy.

Any ideas how to cut down that wind? I've seen a bit of DYI door seals I plan to try...hopefully that keeps the snowdrifts IN the cab to a minimum.
Try opening up the 6x6 access cover on your floorboard center, see if that gets some heat back in at speed. Much like the heater rig needs to be warmed up.

Reactions: BWAF
K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Low tech way may be to build a small box out of foam insulation. It would weigh almost nothing and could be held in the right place by a little Velcro.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!