How to fix a honda

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Long time no see everyone,

Got a message from a good friend of mine and her dad that they bought a new 4 door talon. Since myself and literally every other person in our riding group is in some form of polaris this will be new. what are some weak links to these machines to keep an eye on? what type of parts should be invested in, both upgrades and good spares to bring along? How do these handle a 32" sticky tire and can the axles survive with those bolted to it?

Reactions: ChadD
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
This thread below is a good place to start...

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Run Redline Heavyweight Shockproof in the front and rear diffs, use Redline Lightweight Shockproof in the sub-transmission and the wet clutch approved synthetic oil of your choice in the engine. Buy and install a 10-80 Dirt Sports shifter plate and adjust the shifter cable as outlined in the service manual. If they plan on spirited driving on 32s I'd suggest buying an RB3 billet rack and upgrading the tie rods at the same time. Also, the factory air intake system sucks monkey balls and clogs air filters quickly in dusty conditions.10-80 Dirt Sports just came out with a low profile pre-filter kit that solves the problem of clogged filters and having to open the air box all the time to check it, they need one.

Skid plates, high clearance A arms and radius rods would be other things I'd think about adding after you get the basics covered.

*TACK WELD ALL 8 CAPS ON THE DRIVESHAFT*

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and toddvdh
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
*TACK WELD ALL 8 CAPS ON THE DRIVESHAFT*

Wonder if Honda will get this fixed in the 2022 models? I guess we will find out pretty soon.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This thread below is a good place to start...

Thats a a very helpful post and has been added to over the years.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!