P1000 How to get a good deal when dealers don't seem to want haggle?

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all. First post here, and I'm hoping to join the owners' club soon. But I'm not getting anywhere in dealing with the dealers in the Phoenix area (live in Mesa, AZ). I've filled out forms for two dealers from their websites. One, RideNow in Chandler responded and we went back and forth with maybe two emails, but when I tried to get them pinned down on an "out the door" price, the salesman stopped responding. The other one, Western Honda Scottsdale, which I've heard good things about, never replied to my form I filled out. In this day and age, will I really have to go down there and spend four hours haggling? It just seems that the dealers are willing to come down $500 at most and then tack on $850 destination and some doc fee. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Call them. I doubt they haggle much right now. Off road vehicles are in very short supply and demand is high. They probably aren't going to take you seriously emailing back and forth. Give them a call or go in if you're serious about buying and be ready to write a check.

C

Capn1

Apr 28, 2020
SEMO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know this may not be much help for you since we're in different areas but here's what I've found around here.

I've talked to five different dealers in the MO, IL, Tennessee area in the last three weeks. Just calling one time and asking about a price here's the otd prices I got for the 1000-5 deluxe camo: 16717, 15600ish, 18098, 15600ish and 18000. I say "ish" because only one dealer had one in stock and two of the others said they wouldn't know an exact price until they had them in their system. The only ones I'm sure of the year on are the cheaper ones, one was a 2020(21 would be $500 more) and the other was a 21.

The place I'll probably buy from said they have had people waiting for months but if they get a large shipment in my name will be up. The only problem there is they won't do the honda card 0% interest for a year.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know how supply is at the moment, but I got the best deal by far from Nash in Mesa (talk to Vince and tell him flat he's in a bidding war) even as 2020's were mostly gone. One of the easiest deals I've ever done, and I'd never even heard of them before hand. I'll be using them again.

My experience with Ridenow is that they will have the lowest base quote, but will add a bunch of BS fees in to make up for it OTD.

I bought my 1st 700 at Western right after they came out and got a decent deal. This time around...kinda the same; decent deal. Just not as good as Nash. I also found out that they may have been jacking the finance rate a few points over what Honda was actually giving. Not cool.

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't know how supply is at the moment, but I got the best deal by far from Nash in Mesa (talk to Vince and tell him flat he's in a bidding war) even as 2020's were mostly gone. One of the easiest deals I've ever done, and I'd never even heard of them before hand. I'll be using them again.

My experience with Ridenow is that they will have the lowest base quote, but will add a bunch of BS fees in to make up for it OTD.

I bought my 1st 700 at Western right after they came out and got a decent deal. This time around...kinda the same; decent deal. Just not as good as Nash. I also found out that they may have been jacking the finance rate a few points over what Honda was actually giving. Not cool.
Thanks, that's helpful. I actually looked at Nash this morning, but their website didn't show any in inventory. I'm looking for a base 1000-3. Western has a couple for $15,300, and Chandler RideNow no longer shows them in stock. Goodyear RideNow has one listed $14,800. I'll try calling Nash to see if they have any not listed.

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Call them. I doubt they haggle much right now. Off road vehicles are in very short supply and demand is high. They probably aren't going to take you seriously emailing back and forth. Give them a call or go in if you're serious about buying and be ready to write a check.
I believe you're right about supply/demand. :-(

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Called Nash and talked with Vince...hasn't seen any 1000's in a few weeks. Said it could be because Honda had a small recall for power steering and they may be holding off deliveries. Didn't know for sure.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I believe you're right about supply/demand. :-(

I sell farm equipment and machinery. I have a website that has our inventory on it, and visitors have the ability to request information and also make offers. I can tell you this: 99% of the online leads are a waste of time. I spend a lot of time responding and attempting to call the customer that left a message or made an offer. I can think of one deal that actually went through this summer that started with an internet lead.

Moral of the story: Make an appointment, Show up in person, bargain in good faith. Be honest (there's a saying amongst salesmen "buyers are liars", obviously customers think of salesmen the same way typically...) Don't try to play hardball, it doesn't work. Be likable. Salesmen are more likely to help you if you are nice and easy to deal with.

And yes, this has been an insane year for the side by side industry. As long as demand remains high, there will be little or no discounts. I bought my machine a year ago for $14000. Now the best prices I'm seeing are over $16000 (1000-5 deluxe)

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Called Nash and talked with Vince...hasn't seen any 1000's in a few weeks. Said it could be because Honda had a small recall for power steering and they may be holding off deliveries. Didn't know for sure.
Well...that sucks...

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my 2021 deluxe being in the right place at the right time. Paid 18k plus tax with no dealer fees. Bought the extended warranty for 1300 and they waved the destination fees. Not a good deal by any means but from what I’ve seen in my area it was too bad.

Reactions: Mudwing
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
In Brookhaven,MS I paid 17,492.00 out the door. Louisiana Taxes and 50.00 dealer. For a 2021. Now I have spend another 2k in roof windshield,speakers, under dash storage and lights. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: elkguide
A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I went down to Western Honda in Scottsdale and ended up with a red 1000-3 base $17,551 which includes tax, license, and shipping. They were supposed to charge some bogus $200+ doc prep fee but forgot to add it in--lucky me. Oh, and I couldn't haul it home because of the power steering recall that is supposed to come in tomorrow. Couldn't come to an agreement on trade in for my two Yamaha quads, so off to Craigs list with those.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I went down to Western Honda in Scottsdale and ended up with a red 1000-3 base $17,551 which includes tax, license, and shipping. They were supposed to charge some bogus $200+ doc prep fee but forgot to add it in--lucky me. Oh, and I couldn't haul it home because of the power steering recall that is supposed to come in tomorrow. Couldn't come to an agreement on trade in for my two Yamaha quads, so off to Craigs list with those.
I personally have had the best luck with Jason at Western Honda! Sergio in parts is also great in parts

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I personally have had the best luck with Jason at Western Honda! Sergio in parts is also great in parts
Thanks, I'll make a note of that. Hope I don't have to go for parts for a long while!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Dang I would have sold you my LE for a lot less.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I'll make a note of that. Hope I don't have to go for parts for a long while!
if you purchase a sxs they will give you discount on accessories

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Unless they changed for 2021, the base 3 seater doesn't come with power steering...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!