P1000 How to get a good deal when dealers don't seem to want haggle?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all. First post here, and I'm hoping to join the owners' club soon. But I'm not getting anywhere in dealing with the dealers in the Phoenix area (live in Mesa, AZ). I've filled out forms for two dealers from their websites. One, RideNow in Chandler responded and we went back and forth with maybe two emails, but when I tried to get them pinned down on an "out the door" price, the salesman stopped responding. The other one, Western Honda Scottsdale, which I've heard good things about, never replied to my form I filled out. In this day and age, will I really have to go down there and spend four hours haggling? It just seems that the dealers are willing to come down $500 at most and then tack on $850 destination and some doc fee. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
After trying to deal with ride now in Tucson I decided they were like used car salesmen so I called Western Powersports in Scottsdale. They had new 2018’s ( this was summer of 2019) their pricing was right so I bought one and love it. So far, so good. I changed to 28x10x14 system 3 350’s with system 3 wheels 7” 5-2’s and have no clearance problems. When I ride on the highway it takes a little longer to get up to speed, but overall very pleased with performance

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my 2018 1000-5 deluxe from Jason at Western Powersports there in Scottsdale also at the beginning of 2019. Luckily at that time they had purchased a bunch of them so they had a bunch of inventory. So I was able to get a smoking deal on the prior years model.

We have some great aftermarket parts places here in the valley also. I got my spare tire rack at Brick City Fab which is right here in Mesa and RB3 is here in Tempe.
How do you like the spare tire mount? Decent quality and rear visibility still?

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Ridenow's in Tucson don't want to deal with you unless your spending $25,000 and up for a Polaris or Can-Am. I drove 72 miles one way for both my 700-4 and 1000-5 Deluxe. Worth every mile.
I agree I also drove the 70 some odd miles to get my 1000-5. Western Honda might have been a little better price wise but it wasn't worth it to me to put up with Phoenix traffic to get to Scottsdale.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!