P1000 How to route accessory wiring

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to add a LED light bar on the ROPS. My question is how do you route the necessary wiring from the battery under the hood up the roll bar? Do you drill a hole in the dash area or what? On my old Teryx there was plenty of gap between the plastic panel to run the wiring but the P1K panels are too tight. Any pictures will surely help this newbie.

Chuck

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2952
IMG 2954

This isn't the best picture to show how I ran my wire, but I can try to get you some better pictures tonight. Basically, I ran my wires in braided wire loom along the ROPS down to the gap where the ROPS goes down into the front clip and then to my fuse/relay block. I just used black zip ties to secure the wires to the ROPS.

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 19775
View attachment 19776

This isn't the best picture to show how I ran my wire, but I can try to get you some better pictures tonight. Basically, I ran my wires in braided wire loom along the ROPS down to the gap where the ROPS goes down into the front clip and then to my fuse/relay block. I just used black zip ties to secure the wires to the ROPS.

Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Picture(s) of how you threaded the wires where the ROPS goes through the bodywork will be greatly appreciated. I plan on using the split corrugated PVC wire conduit to conceal the wires for the light bar, whip antenna, rear lights, etc. using zip ties to hold the conduit to the ROPS.

Chuck

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A84EFCE0 68A2 40A3 881B A8BE547B43E9 36954EC5 2122 4FAE 8EF5 64B4AB745657

Hopefully this helps you some. On the passenger side it is pretty easy to reach back toward the ROPS from under the hood and get a hold of your wires as you feed them in. The drivers side is pretty tight. I had to bend piece of wire to stick in there to get a hold of the wires.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've done it both ways through the ROPS and on them. Jj's setup on the nose is what I'm running now on the front I may or may not run them through again. It's kind of a pain in the front but is nicer. However anything you have in the back its not hard to run them in back there. I feel a rubber plug around them is acceptable in the rear but I feel the front bars have to be reinforced if doing this. The wire loom he's got can be a little hard to work with but really comes out great in the end. There is plenty of room.

Sent from iPhone

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
Wiring sucks an takes a lot time to "try" to make look good with no room

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was just agreeing with "wiring sucks" but try to make it look good.

Sent from iPhone

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!