Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK thanks now for the other half of my question
I would think it is something internal to Honda that tells their associate where to look and find where it connnects. F46 I don't think corresponds with anything in the service manual, so I'd think it would be used higher up in the food chain.

P

Paul419

Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

3. Talon R LV
When looking at Talon part for the fuel pump at the end of fuel vent line it has F46 and FR with an arrow. What does this mean? I thought it was a reference to another page but don't see a way to do.

2019 Honda Talon 1000R (SXS1000S2R A) FUEL PUMP | PartsPitstop.com

F46 refers to the drawing number that the part is on that it connects too. If you look in the lower right hand corner you will see the drawing numbers. Good luck finding the numbers without opening each one.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
F46 is the section or page reference in the honda parts catalog.
looking at that link, F46 in this case is the frame.

Assuming you have the non kalifornia version, the little part on the end of the breather hose snaps in to the frame, this is typical ATV method for honda.
So the next part in the chain would be the frame on page F46.
The kalifornia version has a vapor recovery canister and the hose end has some other type of fitting at the frame.
Probably some supper prevents rust or condensation from getting in the end of the hose with prop 65 cancer warning label attached.

honda used to make paper parts catalogs that had the parts image and a parts list on the facing page.
This is where the F numbers come from, engine parts where on E pages.
I haven't seen these in years.

Cover page of an old catalog I found on line.
Oddy cat

H

HondaTech

On our dealer parts fiche we are given a list of the illustrations and a number next to them, F46 would be one of those numbers. So you can find what illustration F46 is and it'll reference the one you just came from.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for all the help, makes since. Now if the online parts had page numbers.
Looks like I will have to take gas tank cover off and try to find the vent to frame connection.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!