P1000 How to wire Bilge Pump

D

danmcph

Sep 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered my 4" bilge. How are you guys wiring these? It would be nice to wire it to keyed power but I don't know if that makes it too complex to wire.

What switch are you guys using and where in the dash did you install it?

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just ordered my 4" bilge. How are you guys wiring these? It would be nice to wire it to keyed power but I don't know if that makes it too complex to wire.

What switch are you guys using and where in the dash did you install it?
Not at all. You’ll need a relay. Then can use keyed power to the switch so it’ll go off with key/switch.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just like at what @CumminsPusher said, and you might want to think about if your putting on any other switches, the busman waterproof fuse and relay box or equivalent and put in a switch panel on your dash where the warning label is. There’s plenty of options on how to do this on this site. There’s also a “sticky” in the P1000 Accessories and modifications info on the key on power hook up. If you look in my garage or others for there builds, there’s useful info on what your after and pics. If you need help with finding them or how to, just ask.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I simply used a 3 way toggle switch ...... off, forward, and reverse, to blow hot air OUT or reverse and blow hot air INTO the cab in winter. I mounted the switch next to the vent centered below the seat.
6815bd8d07a4a34fd89d7668b0653cae jpg

Last edited:
D

danmcph

Sep 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any suggestions which size busman to get? Also, what size switch panel fits best where the warning sticker is?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did I understand in another thread that you are using a 7 or 8" automotive fan? If so, your thoughts.
Works really well. I never tried the bilge fan so a cant compare but the automotive fan is quite and durable. I had it all automated in the last rig, simple switch works just as good.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. I'm sure with all the discussion about fans in other threads, you have a picture of yours you can link me to.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, since you, CP and JTW are the most respected posters on this forum, I'm sold! If you had to do it again, would you mount one on driver side and one on pass side?

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man you made me dig way back lol. Was busy with a ton but this is we’re all that started in my last rig.
P1000 - Cumminspusher-the New Ride
You didn't cut a big 7" hole in the front of your seat to mount the fan (that does scare the heck out of me). Just two smaller ones for putting heat into your cab? I think I've about decided to mount a rad fan like clifforeilly did. Glad you are having the results you want mounted in the engine compartment. I may do like you have yours just to check it out before cutting big holes.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You didn't cut a big 7" hole in the front of your seat to mount the fan (that does scare the heck out of me). Just two smaller ones for putting heat into your cab? I think I've about decided to mount a rad fan like clifforeilly did. Glad you are having the results you want mounted in the engine compartment. I may do like you have yours just to check it out before cutting big holes.
Ya the two small holes were to provide heat, had two small fans pointing into cab. Worked well. Also be opening or closing those vents you could control cooling easier while the large cooling fan was used.
I think cooling would be better with fan located on bottom of seat like that but might be a little louder both fan and engine noise when used

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!