P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I'm sure I'm done with my cage, I'll post a pic of my "pile of shame" aka all the tubing I cut, notched, or bent wrong lol.

When Thomas Edison was asked about his 10,000 "failures" in coming up with the light bulb, he responded........

"Failures? No, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work!"

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really get everything right the first time but just are trying to make the rest of us feel like we have a chance right?!?!?

Most of the time things come out right because of perseverance. I hate failing but making a mistake isn't failing it's research and development. Can never be afraid to just dig in and learn something new and if someone says it not possible you do it anyways. Mistakes are just part of the process sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Most of the time things come out right because of perseverance. I hate failing but making a mistake isn't failing it's research and development. Can never be afraid to just dig in and learn something new and if someone says it not possible you do it anyways. Mistakes are just part of the process sometimes

True story!

advertisement
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 39270
Got the bodywork to the dash completed from the old volt guage that was in this spot, moved switches up and left room for added switches below.
The temperature controller in. Easy setup to control both sets of fans, heat will turn on small intake fans into the cab and cool will turn on 8" 1700cfm cooling fan that runs across the motor and exhaust. Not a bad buy for 9$ with built in relays, hell the controller was less then one rocker switch and I would've needed two that would've taken up the footprint in the dash. No need for something extra to push and now anyone who drives this won't concern themselves. This full setup will be 65$ for everything pretty reasonable.
When the cabin gets hot cooling comes on and as it's gets cold the heat comes on. Simple and effective I'm hoping. This was a 5 wire hookup and two switches would've been 10 wires. Win win.
Cooling fan is pretty quiet and heating fans are totally silent so it's nice to have separate indicators on the screen to tell us they are working correctly.

I have that exact same controller in my pump house with a space heater hooked to it. It does a nice job. My first one fried after 2 years but I think that's because I was running 2 heaters on it. Probably too much current for the relay to handle.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have that exact same controller in my pump house with a space heater hooked to it. It does a nice job. My first one fried after 2 years but I think that's because I was running 2 heaters on it. Probably too much current for the relay to handle.
It says 10amp relays which is plenty for what I'm doing but you could use it with another relay. Sounds like you've got the 110v version. If it makes it 2 years I'll be happy under 10$. I was very happy to see it had memory for the settings with power off was worried about that but so far so good and less switches is a damn good thing

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got the "air conditioner" installed. Not much room for an 8" fan but she went in. Used bumpers on both side of the mounting bolts to keep vibrations down.

IMG 9481
IMG 9482

Works great you can feel air moving pretty good at the right tire with the skids off even. This fan also will be reversing and have a speed controller to give exactly what's needed. Massive air movement is what we were going for here. I'm going to build an insulated plastic cover for the engine bay and it'll have a side that drops down to control the air flow even better.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the "air conditioner" installed. Not much room for an 8" fan but she went in. Used bumpers on both side of the mounting bolts to keep vibrations down.

View attachment 39631 View attachment 39632

Works great you can feel air moving pretty good at the right tire with the skids off even. This fan also will be reversing and have a speed controller to give exactly what's needed. Massive air movement is what we were going for here. I'm going to build an insulated plastic cover for the engine bay and it'll have a side that drops down to control the air flow even better.

Keep it up and you won't have any need for that Cummins!!!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Its only scary at first lol. Just know you cant go back now!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

No with a couple 3 1/4 holes it's pretty much go time. Did run across a brace on driver hole but it moves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!