P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is that the "moon roof" that you're installing in your 1000?
Lol no was showing that cool overhead storage with visors. We will be doing roofs though the whole family wants them.
Have the sunroofs already but not thinking I'll start cutting holes in the roof on top of everything else before Takeover. With this roof there's a lot plastic work to be done it's not like a flat roof. And they will be manual with lexan for weight savings I hate high weight

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I've always wanted one of these,(black/gray of course)

5e025c4ddb3ccc0806ebd7041aaceec3.jpg

CP - sorry Ohana hijacked your thread.

Here's a picture of my Dads Land Rover stuck in the Ross River about 80 miles from Alice Springs, Northern Territory Australia.
Sorry it's a picture of a picture in an old (really old) photo album.
I was 14 and Dad was teaching my to drive.
He told me to maintain 15 mph.
So I'm watching the speedometer and suddenly Dad reaches up and turns the ignition off.
Apparently he wanted the vehicle speed to be 15, not the little hand on the speedometer.

We strung together every thing we could lay our hands on (cable, chain, rope) to reach the tree in the background.
Used a come-a-long to stretched the nylon strap then Dad jumped in dropped the clutch in reverse and it popped right out.

And now the point of this post.
Before living in Oz Dad had a Jeep Wagoneer in the states.
Dad used to say that there wasn't anywhere the Land Rover couldn't go that his Jeep Wagoneer couldn't have towed it.

Upload 2017 4 1 12 49 2

#14_year_old_poser #driving_daddies_truck
(just for you @JTW )

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Here's a picture of my Dads Land Rover stuck in the Ross River about 80 miles from Alice Springs, Northern Territory Australia.
So I'm watching the speedometer and suddenly Dad reaches up and turns the ignition off.
Apparently he wanted the vehicle speed to be 15, not the little hand on the speedometer.

We strung together every thing we could lay our hands on (cable, chain, rope) to reach the tree in the background.
Used a come-a-long to stretched the nylon strap then Dad jumped in dropped the clutch in reverse and it popped right out.

Dad used to say that there wasn't anywhere the Land Rover couldn't go that his Jeep Wagoneer couldn't have towed it.

View attachment 39410

(just for you @JTW )
Sounds like you've lead an interesting life with many great adventures

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting all the seats "prepped out" for the new covers. Decided to tape the gel pads down with upholstery/vinyl tape from school busses. Anyone that remembers riding on a bus remembers this crap, it makes duct tape look like masking tape.
I wanted the gel to not move around under the new covers and I also didn't want to destroy the seat underneath. I'm sure this'll give years of good service life. Should be nice and cool when hot warm when cold and be very cozy! Expect a little sound loss and heat dampening as well.
In combination with the Fox shocks should be good for extended late night excursions and will help with butt sliding around in the rough stuff
IMG 9463

This here is the back seat. Make it nice for the rear people too. All seating will have gel. Unbelievably heavy any that sucks been trying not to add heavy stuff but I think I'll sacrifice 15 pounds throughout for comfort

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Getting all the seats "prepped out" for the new covers. Decided to tape the gel pads down with upholstery/vinyl tape from school busses. Anyone that remembers riding on a bus remembers this crap, it makes duct tape look like masking tape.
I wanted the gel to not move around under the new covers and I also didn't want to destroy the seat underneath. I'm sure this'll give years of good service life. Should be nice and cool when hot warm when cold and be very cozy! Expect a little sound loss and heat dampening as well.
In combination with the Fox shocks should be good for extended late night excursions and will help with butt sliding around in the rough stuff
View attachment 39423

This here is the back seat. Make it nice for the rear people too. All seating will have gel. Unbelievably heavy any that sucks been trying not to add heavy stuff but I think I'll sacrifice 15 pounds throughout for comfort

Comfort is definitely the FIRST word in any ride!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Comfort is definitely the FIRST word in any ride!

Well I'd say dependability first but we already have that with the Honda's! So that's just a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd love to put 2 sunroofs on my rig but after seeing what I did with that roof, I don't trust myself any more lol.

Yours would be easy. I'd do it buddy. Go out to a pick and pull and grab a couple aftermarket manuals for 20bucks. Think how nice it'll be in the summer for cooling and take out look at the stars!
I'll probably be putting my front one in backwards for massive air movement

J

JTW

View attachment 39410

(just for you @JTW )
I love it!! Great story.. those are the times we remember!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yours would be easy. I'd do it buddy. Go out to a pick and pull and grab a couple aftermarket manuals for 20bucks. Think how nice it'll be in the summer for cooling and take out look at the stars!
I'll probably be putting my front one in backwards for massive air movement

Yeah my cage is perfect for twin sunroofs with the center tube. Let me see how my next roof turns out lol. My confidence level is pretty much zero. Guess I was due for a reality slap in the face. I was getting kinda cocky there lol.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my cage is perfect for twin sunroofs with the center tube. Let me see how my next roof turns out lol. My confidence level is pretty much zero. Guess I was due for a reality slap in the face. I was getting kinda cocky there lol.
I've seen the stuff you build and it always come out good. I have confidence that you'll get er lined out.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Don't go trying to lower the bar. We all know that you'll get it worked out.

Reactions: Delton
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!