P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

Guess I should have stated that I was speaking of round bales. We don't have large square bales around here. Yes, that is why I weighed them, because I too had doubt about the farmers estimated weight ..... lol. If a round bale is that heavy due to moisture, it is way too wet and did not dry enough. As a general rule when figuring load weight, I allow 8K for each the truck and trailer, to be in the ball park of load weight.
That’s true.. but there are some people you buy from and some you don’t. We’ve had them big and heavy, full of good grass and then there are those that bale them so loose you can’t hardly pick them up. But all that said... you’re the first I’ve heard of actually weighing them. Lol

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s true.. but there are some people you buy from and some you don’t. We’ve had them big and heavy, full of good grass and then there are those that bale them so loose you can’t hardly pick them up. But all that said... you’re the first I’ve heard of actually weighing them. Lol
I had the convenience of having a chip mill next to me with commercial truck scales. I weighted the entire loaded rig, then the empty rig, take the difference and divide by the number of bales. A few times I have taken the tractor with bale on the forks and weighted it that way. I have never seen a 1500# bale, but will not say it is impossible.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 21001 View attachment 20999 View attachment 21000 Been a while since I've updated and a bit has been changed.
Added a stronger tailgate with storage. Storage is an all time low with these so this is stage one. It killed two birds with one stone. Very strong now! Two can sit comfortably with no bending you can do whatever those cables will handle.
Holy shiat! What an absolutely awesome idea! Storage in these things is at a premium, and since I don’t have the 5, the door storage doesn’t look like it’d work.
I’m gonna do this..
What material did you use?
How did you make the access door?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My tailgate looks to have a little different shape than yours, but the space inside looks like it will fit my scissor jack perfectly

C074C6E0 9232 407F B43C BAEBD3595BA5 EC019AC0 3DCD 4C8A 91EA C18FCB92FC71 1ACB4560 8FF2 4A44 BE1E 476A24B98045 3D3305B1 1702 4F61 97F1 2C9CFD4B2CB1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m thinking aluminum.. I’m gonna have aluminum plate on the inside of the bedsides, just figured I might as well stick with the same material.
Thoughts?
There is less depth on the inside of the 3 but it is wider too. Aluminum should work just fine but I’d go thick so it doesn’t collapse. The gate looses strength obviously with a hole so you’ve got to over engineer it a bit to get that back.
We used polycarbonate because it’s shatter resistant and strong as hell. Used capillary glue in joints and windshield cement with plastic pop rivets to adhere. Dense expansion foam for strength. Then sprayed bed liner over.
With this mod done on ours you could put as much weight as you wanted on it without any flex at least in till the maybe the cables broke. It’s really stout. Dry lockable storage has been wonderful. We currently have a compressor, first aid kit and a pressure sprayer all in there
Edit
Apparently it was 2 years ago yesterday we built this as it just popped up in memories lol. Still holding up great.
B0E01E3B CD12 40DF BF23 3880C37CF1CD

Last edited:
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is less depth on the inside of the 3 but it is wider too. Aluminum should work just fine but I’d go thick so it doesn’t collapse. The gate looses strength obviously with a hole so you’ve got to over engineer it a bit to get that back.
We used polycarbonate because it’s shatter resistant and strong as hell. Used capillary glue in joints and windshield cement with plastic pop rivets to adhere. Dense expansion foam for strength. Then sprayed bed liner over.
With this mod done on ours you could put as much weight as you wanted on it without any flex at least in till the maybe the cables broke. It’s really stout. Dry lockable storage has been wonderful. We currently have a compressor, first aid kit and a pressure sprayer all in there
Edit
Apparently it was 2 years ago yesterday we built this as it just popped up in memories lol. Still holding up great.
View attachment 83032

I figured I'd use the same 3/16" plate I'm using for the bedsides. That should be tough enough, don't you think? My thought was to cut the hole in the gate a bit smaller than the hole in the plate, thus leaving an area for the plate to seat against. That way everything is flush. Probably use the keyed levers like you've got to hold it in place. Do you think the material on the gate is tough enough for the keyed levers to hold onto? It looks like your door is latched to the piece of poly instead of the original gate material..
I figured I'd use at least a few (4-6) of the push-thru caged nuts (they suck up tight like a drywall nut) & probably countersink the holes in the plate to make them flush. The rest of the screws will be shorter sheet metal type screws (also countersunk). Also glue it, of course.
Filling the unused area's with spray foam is a good idea too.
I'm also planning on extending the top of the plate an inch or so higher. Going to put some holes in it for bungies like I'll have on the other 3 sides.
Once I have this all cut and test fit, I'm going to have everything powdercoated crinkle black so it looks like it was there from the start..

I'm kinda jacked about how the bedsides are gonna look.. Need to get the pieces cut and welded first.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Plenty thick! No the plastic on the gate is so ply able I don’t think latches will hold but you can remedy that with a screwed on bracket from the underside.
Excited to see all what you come up with

Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, hopefully I can snag a saw press from Mac's in Sagle this week, then I'll have all the pieces...
Ashley you say? We’ll be down Bunko this weekend from Wednesday night on...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ashley you say? We’ll be down Bunko this weekend from Wednesday night on...
and I'd love to come out, but this is the third... count 'em THIRD time we've been able to make it to our property up there this entire season..
I'm gonna kick back, keep the cocktails flowin' and do absolutely nothing.

We both need a break. It's been a nutty few months.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!