Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. If under evacuation orders, take important documents, sensitive financial records, and take photos of household belongings, refrigerated food, etc, ..in case insurance claims may be needed. Would not doubt there are some Looters now a days that would take advantage of info for ID theft.
(A Retired Emergency Manager)

View attachment 86615
Sure enough, reports of hurricane ID theft. Like the Charlie Daniels song, “tie him to a stump and let the gaters do the rest!”

A Secret Service affidavit says Okirika used stolen Social Security and personal identifying information from hurricane victims in Georgia, Florida and Texas to file fraudulent disaster relief claims. It says Okirika is one of several co-conspirators and he received more than $650,000 over the past year. Investigators claim about $8 million in FEMA immediate and individual assistance was paid to the cards held by "perpetrators of fraud."

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Wow,,what a ride!The wind was the easy part,the water is bad.21 inches here.Travel is really hard with all of the bridge and culvert washouts.There was swift water rescues in town on Sunday night in places that I have never even thought of flooding.My closest call came after the hurricane was gone.A thunderstorm came by 10 miles north of us.It was sunny here and the thunder had stopped maybe 15 minutes before.I walked out to move my truck closer to the house for the evening as I had parked it in the shade under a 80ft. pine tree earlier in the day.Just as I shut the door,a bolt of lightning came from nowhere and struck the tree 10 feet in front of me.It blew dirt and tree bark all over the truck.[also 1oo feet away].Burnt air smells funny.It knocked all of the pictures off of the wall in the home.Funny thing,it did'nt shake me up.My buddy said I was numb to that sort of thing since I've had 4 auto batteries blow up in my face in the last 15 years.LoL.We're good here,truly blessed we did'nt have more problems.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!