P1000 Hydroturn for Plow? Worth the $750 or not?

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello guys. I have a P1k and I have a Denali snow plow for it. I do quite a bit of plowing snow with it in WV. I am considering purchasing the Hydroturn for it. I was just wondering what kinds of experiences you guys have had with them. Will I need to have a 2nd battery? I don't have a second battery right now.. and does it hold the blade in place pretty well? I was also wondering if it seemed very durable or not.. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys ahead of time.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I sell a good many for those up north.
If you have to change angles often and in the wet and cold snow then YES. totally worth it.

In regards to the second battery.
What year Pioneer do you have?
I would say NO.
The clutches burn up when they overheat and break apart.
Unless you are working it hard and super fast I would not expect this to be an issue.
Especially after the 2018 update.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I sell a good many for those up north.
If you have to change angles often and in the wet and cold snow then YES. totally worth it.

In regards to the second battery.
What year Pioneer do you have?
I would say NO.
The clutches burn up when they overheat and break apart.
Unless you are working it hard and super fast I would not expect this to be an issue.
Especially after the 2018 update.

It's a 2019

Reactions: Lady01
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I love mine! Yes it’s a bit spendy but it’s worth it.

the setup is quite durable. No it doesn’t wander either. I’m on my 3rd season with it and it works like a champ. I made my turn kit wiring to come on and off with the plow in the spring with 3 wire connections.

look at this way… you’ll be able to clear your drive without ever getting out of your warm cab (assuming you have heater and doors) and having a hot cup of coffee in your hand !

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!