Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's cool man, like I told ehart, I went better than 1000 miles without them with some concern, but 3 bills just pissed me off. I finally got a half price deal and went ahead and got them.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I plan to make some guards when I complete my A-Arms. (Hopefully during Thanksgiving break).
I agree with the concern that stuff gets inside and collects. This weekend the guards on my foreman got so full of weeds/seeds/grass that I was concerned about rubbing holes in the boot.

Still, I will fab something to protect the pioneer. They will have to be custom because the A-arms are custom.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I usually clean my stoppers out a time or two during the days ride, just like I do the area between the winch and grill to keep air to the radiator, I clean out that front low cavity, and I pull the sticks that get past the stoppers (yeah, sticks get past the stoppers) and are hung up in brake lines and everything else up in the front wheel cavities, as well as sticks that get jammed up between the skids and the frame. But so far, 1000 miles without stoppers and 800 with, no blemishes let alone punctures to any of the boots. ✌️

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have them and not had an issue yet. The fronts seem more exposed because of the gap needed for turning radius. Also, since adding 1" spacers the tire/rim offset leaves them more exposed, or just appears that way.

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have them and not had an issue yet. The fronts seem more exposed because of the gap needed for turning radius. Also, since adding 1" spacers the tire/rim offset leaves them more exposed, or just appears that way.

I installed them early on and haven't been concerned about it since. Well worth it.

Reactions: Montecresto and JTW
J

Jshell3

But so far, 1000 miles without stoppers and 800 with, no blemishes let alone punctures to any of the boots. ✌️
HEY!?! How did you use that ✌️️ emoji emoticon?

Oh, I learned something now!!!!

J

Jshell3

I installed them early on and haven't been concerned about it since. Well worth it.
I should have sooner.

I paid $199 for both front and rear guards... AFTER I bought a $119 Front Axel.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
HEY!?! How did you use that ✌️️ emoji emoticon?

Oh, I learned something now!!!!
Lol, seriously? Double click the globe on your tablets keypad.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I should have sooner.

I paid $199 for both front and rear guards... AFTER I bought a $119 Front Axel.
That's a decent price!

J

Jshell3

It really is a simple job. It was my first time doing anything with a CV Joint. I was honestly surprised at how easy it was. I would like to replace all my boots eventually. The aftermarket ones have a more flexible feel than the stiff factory ones. Seems to me they might be a little more forgiving if hit with something.
Well, tell me more... Dang it.
Tiny split in my NEW Axle Boot. So it will have to come off, eventually. Grease is leaking.
But I still have the original axle laying on my bench. So the plan is, repair the original and swap axels, again. Ugh.
Boots both split in same place. Yes, had A-Arm guards installed the second time. So... dunno.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, tell me more... Dang it.
Tiny split in my NEW Axle Boot. So it will have to come off, eventually. Grease is leaking.
But I still have the original axle laying on my bench. So the plan is, repair the original and swap axels, again. Ugh.
Boots both split in same place. Yes, had A-Arm guards installed the second time. So... dunno.
Wow that really stinks! I ordered my boot from www.allballsracing.com. It really is pretty straight forward. Just take everything off and replace the boot. Some people try to do it without disassembling the CV knuckle. However, I did and it wasn't that complicated. I've read where some people have problems getting the bearings back in so keep up with which holes you take them out of. Mine is still holding up great after several miles.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!