100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was returning from my trip out west, hearing about the gas shortages inspired me to purchase a number of the speed bottles used for race cars in the pits top area. The problem is my truck the port where I go to fuel it won’t take anything other than the nozzle that you use at the gas station. And it has an anti-siphon device in it so if it’s too short it won’t work so normally I would have to use a funnel. Another issue I have is one of the legs from my camper, Comes down right next to the access for my gas cap not allowing me to fully open up the access door. The only thing I’ve been able to find is one of the NATO Jerry cans with one of the attachable spouts. Of course I left that in Idaho. My dilemma was in trying to figure out how to pour gas in my truck from the Speed bottles. While up in Idaho I start in the local North 40 and not only found some speed bottles but also picked up these tough jug replacement nozzles for the speed bottles. They also have a straw for lack of a better word that runs from the lip of the nozzle all the way into the tank I guess to help with air and pressure. Anyway I decided to see if the male threads from that would also fit into a metal gas pump handle. It turns out they did. The nozzle on the pump handle fits into the gas receptacle in my truck and works even with the camper leg being where it is!

9F8A5943 87CC 4B5C ADEE E95CE6693C7A 925D6B30 9771 4B91 A4F9 D76D05F552A2

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
When I was returning from my trip out west, hearing about the gas shortages inspired me to purchase a number of the speed bottles used for race cars in the pits top area. The problem is my truck the port where I go to fuel it won’t take anything other than the nozzle that you use at the gas station. And it has an anti-siphon device in it so if it’s too short it won’t work so normally I would have to use a funnel. Another issue I have is one of the legs from my camper, Comes down right next to the access for my gas cap not allowing me to fully open up the access door. The only thing I’ve been able to find is one of the NATO Jerry cans with one of the attachable spouts. Of course I left that in Idaho. My dilemma was in trying to figure out how to pour gas in my truck from the Speed bottles. While up in Idaho I start in the local North 40 and not only found some speed bottles but also picked up these tough jug replacement nozzles for the speed bottles. They also have a straw for lack of a better word that runs from the lip of the nozzle all the way into the tank I guess to help with air and pressure. Anyway I decided to see if the male threads from that would also fit into a metal gas pump handle. It turns out they did. The nozzle on the pump handle fits into the gas receptacle in my truck and works even with the camper leg being where it is!

View attachment 272947 View attachment 272948
Just saw your FB post. Good deal, glad it worked out for you

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 272947 View attachment 272948
We got a 'term' down South for all that 'rigging' you did ...... lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!