drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This past Christmas my Wife asked me what Santa could get for me and after a long period I told her the Bone mobile could use some new shocks. Soooo Santa delivered 4 brand new FOX shocks. I've been pretty critical of those who've spent that money on shocks. After putting them on along with a 2.5 inch lift I ran them for a few days and I didn't see the $1400 improvement in what I had previously. That's the truth. But a few days ago @Windrock1000 after hours of back and forth text messages beat me down and I gave into front and rear SuperATV A-arms and wheel spacers. I'll admit that if he hadn't offered to do the installation I wouldn't have gone along with the idea. This past Friday I had a chance for the first time to try out the shocks, A-arms and spacers... My thoughts are as follows.... It's cheating!! The Honda I bought is now something completely different. It rides better it crawls over rocks easier and I'm impressed! I'm glad I did it and I would recommend it to anyone that can afford all three items. I admit I was wrong but don't think you'll see me soon with whippy lights or under body lighting. I still think it's gay!o_O

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This past Christmas my Wife asked me what Santa could get for me and after a long period I told her the Bone mobile could use some new shocks. Soooo Santa delivered 4 brand new FOX shocks. I've been pretty critical of those who've spent that money on shocks. After putting them on along with a 2.5 inch lift I ran them for a few days and I didn't see the $1400 improvement in what I had previously. That's the truth. But a few days ago @Windrock1000 after hours of back and forth text messages beat me down and I gave into front and rear SuperATV A-arms and wheel spacers. I'll admit that if he hadn't offered to do the installation I wouldn't have gone along with the idea. This past Friday I had a chance for the first time to try out the shocks, A-arms and spacers... My thoughts are as follows.... It's cheating!! The Honda I bought is now something completely different. It rides better it crawls over rocks easier and I'm impressed! I'm glad I did it and I would recommend it to anyone that can afford all three items. I admit I was wrong but don't think you'll see me soon with whippy lights or under body lighting. I still think it's gay!o_O
I believe you get 1" more travel with the fox as well. Im glad you like it. Its much more supple suspension especially at any speeds over 20mph. And it improves traction. So a win win.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I believe you get 1" more travel with the fox as well. Im glad you like it. Its much more supple suspension especially at any speeds over 20mph. And it improves traction. So a win win.
Over 20 is not my area of riding not that I'm afraid of higher speeds. I've run 250R's and Triumph Daytona's and Speed Triples to their limits and mine. I like the big rocks and crawling... It works well at those speeds too.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
;)There you go....... Good guy that wind rock!!!
You remind me of my Pap.
And I can't do the whip lights either.....Unless my wife buys them and installs them....You Sir have a good one there.. :) I'm glad you have the ride Honda should give to its buyers,Especially the 1000

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Oh you just wait! You may just get a present at the Takeover. You grew up in the age of disco!

Oh by the way what’s your design thoughts of rock sliders?. Got my fab guy on it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ll leave our previous conversations about this out and just say I’m glad you’ve moved to the dark side:) I’m very happy you like them too buddy!

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
You could at least had Aarms installed on mine also , for all the abuse I got for getting the fox shocks and lift.;)p

advertisement
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This past Christmas my Wife asked me what Santa could get for me and after a long period I told her the Bone mobile could use some new shocks. Soooo Santa delivered 4 brand new FOX shocks. I've been pretty critical of those who've spent that money on shocks. After putting them on along with a 2.5 inch lift I ran them for a few days and I didn't see the $1400 improvement in what I had previously. That's the truth. But a few days ago @Windrock1000 after hours of back and forth text messages beat me down and I gave into front and rear SuperATV A-arms and wheel spacers. I'll admit that if he hadn't offered to do the installation I wouldn't have gone along with the idea. This past Friday I had a chance for the first time to try out the shocks, A-arms and spacers... My thoughts are as follows.... It's cheating!! The Honda I bought is now something completely different. It rides better it crawls over rocks easier and I'm impressed! I'm glad I did it and I would recommend it to anyone that can afford all three items. I admit I was wrong but don't think you'll see me soon with whippy lights or under body lighting. I still think it's gay!

You speak the truth as usual. I put on Fox shocks and front a arms and will hopefully do rear arms before Takeover. Added 1” rear spacers and am tempted to move those to the front and put 2” ones on the back.

All I have done is make some fast runs through a field that has a lot of whoops and gullies in it. I can comfortably run about twice as fast as I could stock and still not bottom the shocks.

Oh I’m with Windrock1000 on the whip lights. I did not like them at first but the visibility through the woods is incredible with them. Looking at TribalWhips myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You speak the truth as usual. I put on Fox shocks and front a arms and will hopefully do rear arms before Takeover. Added 1” rear spacers and am tempted to move those to the front and put 2” ones on the back.

All I have done is make some fast runs through a field that has a lot of whoops and gullies in it. I can comfortably run about twice as fast as I could stock and still not bottom the shocks.

Oh I’m with Windrock1000 on the whip lights. I did not like them at first but the visibility through the woods is incredible with them. Looking at TribalWhips myself.

I ran mine all day on Friday- even Rick said every trail leader needs a set!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

At night it’s much easier to follow someone with whips and a bonus over nasty terrain as you easily see the attitude of the vehicle in front. In comparison I hate following without them, actually a safety item imo

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At night it’s much easier to follow someone with whips and a bonus over nasty terrain as you easily see the attitude of the vehicle in front. In comparison I hate following without them, actually a safety item imo

Sell it baby! I just like the pretty lights! I know Don “That’s Gay”

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!