BOX1

P1000 i4WD Modulator ?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm having an intermittent failure to shift out of 1st gear. Error code is 5 - 2. I've checked fuse as per service manual. Next thing to check is i4WD Modulator connector. I can do that . . . if I can find it.

Dumb question . . . I sure would appreciate some help and direction in locating where the i4WD modulator is. I.e. approximately were is it? The diagram drawings in service manual aren't a lot of help until I can see the darn thing (I've had some heart damage, I think due to Moderna vaccine, and I need to be efficient in preserving energy if I can.)

Thanks much for any help.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is some old info on code 52. Neutral Switch Failure.
But no followup from the OP.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, removed the neutral switch and checked it with my ohm meter. Shows open from ground (theads) to terminal with button not pressed. With button pressed, reading vary between open to 4 or 5 megaohms at best. I'm assuming with button pressed is should show continuity (i.e. ground).

Where's the best place to get one?

Thanks for all the help, btw. I will report back on this, but assume it's the problem.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Well, removed the neutral switch and checked it with my ohm meter. Shows open from ground (theads) to terminal with button not pressed. With button pressed, reading vary between open to 4 or 5 megaohms at best. I'm assuming with button pressed is should show continuity (i.e. ground).

Where's the best place to get one?

Thanks for all the help, btw. I will report back on this, but assume it's the problem.
This is a dealer item, call your local dealer or order one online from RMATV, Motosport, etc

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!