P1000 i4WD not engaging

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much help. Just want to add the following info for information purpose.
------------------

The i4wd (front diff system) will not come ON if the diff sensor does not recognize it being in 4x4.

Now. 4x4 on the Pioneer is fully manual. So it can be in 4x4 without the dash (computer) recognizing it. As you mentioned the wheel spinning during the 9pt u-turn.

If hill assist is working. Then so is the i4wd (system). It's just not working the i4wd for the front diff control because it thinks it's still in 2x4.

So with that limited info. I would look at the front diff sensors and or wires.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thank you! Very useful information.....

Reactions: ch33br0h and Lady01
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Might be a dumb question, but have you unplugged it and plugged it back in again? Might just be a poor connection or the connector not seated all the way. Sucks that you're having this issue.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might be a dumb question, but have you unplugged it and plugged it back in again? Might just be a poor connection or the connector not seated all the way. Sucks that you're having this issue.
No, I haven't tried that....Yet...... I've been driving 4WD vehicles since the early '70s all mechanical, manual hubs, direct mechanical connection to the transfer case, simple stuff, even a cave man could do it..... electronic stuff surely makes our lives simpler.....When it's working :rolleyes:....... It seems that the system is working mechanically, it's just not confirming it electronically.....

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just rolled over 100 miles, and I've tried all the suggestions with no luck. It seems to be mechanically in i4WD, but no indication on the instrument panel. I had planed to do the 100 mile service myself, but since I have to take it back to the dealer anyway to fix the i4WD indicator, I'm thinking I might just as well let them do the service.......🙁

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
took it to the dealer, for the first service, and they found a sensor connector not plugged in all the way. A very brief test after I got it home seems, like it's fixed, I'll do a more extensive test tomorrow.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!