P500 If you were me

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
I have aEMP full windshield . Great product..
The problem is the dust Soo..
Buy a half.?
Get a rear panel?
Will it get hot with both in the summer?
Split the full hinge it with a SS piano hinge and of course two new fast straps..
What to do..??

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Full flip up windshield and rear panel works great. I'd rather buy the SuperATV flip windshield though in hindsight. There's always gonna be a dust issue especially if there are riders ahead of you. @trigger 's face looked like a mudbug at the takeover. Really no way around the dust. Like my avatar, in situations like that I wear goggles and a dust mask. Yes, it's hot even with the windshield flipped up, but I typically am having so much fun that I never seem to notice too much!
IMG 1573

C

Chooglin

Full flip up windshield and rear panel works great. I'd rather buy the SuperATV flip windshield though in hindsight. There's always gonna be a dust issue especially if there are riders ahead of you. @trigger 's face looked like a mudbug at the takeover. Really no way around the dust. Like my avatar, in situations like that I wear goggles and a dust mask. Yes, it's hot even with the windshield flipped up, but I typically am having so much fun that I never seem to notice too much!
View attachment 76822
WTH no mask for the dog ?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I personally would do a 1/2 shield, but I don't know how cold you ride.

Occasionally my dog buries her head completely in the dirt while snorting, and then washes it all down with a round of ass licking, so unless the amount of dust is detrimental to her health, I'd just let her hang out the side and slobber.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Buy a half.?
Get a rear panel?
Split the full hinge it with a SS piano hinge and of course two new fast straps..
What to do..??
Rear panel ! I don't notice any dust with my windshield full up with the Tusk back panel . Although my windshield is a 3 pc so it opens if yours doesnt open it may get too warm .

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Buy a half.?
Get a rear panel?
What to do..??
We rode 180 miles last week in a lot of dust ,I have the 1/2 windshield with rear panel and roof didn’t have any dust issues although we weren’t with a group,the week before we rode 50 miles with the windshield and were covered in dust and were in the lead with a group

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My RZR had a bad dust boil deal so I made a spoiler for it and it cut the dust my about 75% . IMG 4658

Reactions: Chooglin
D

Deleted member 3748

Buy a wolf snout and deal with the dust. That's what I did because there's no getting away from the dust.
Did you start wearing goggles yet? They do wonders for your eyes.

@sgerksinwi - The dust in the cab wasn't the big problem for me. It was the dust on the windshield, especially when riding towards the sun... There were times I could barely see anything through the windshield. To fix this, I ride with a half windshield in the summer with no rear panel. In the winter. it's a full windshield with a Tusk rear panel. I clean both with a California Duster while riding.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I have the superatv windshield and the dot weld offroad rear windshield but I have to make a filler panel because the dust still wraps up around the back, love the superATV windshield especially now that it's been modded to allow me into the hood area very easily.

We bought new Gmax open face helmets with flip up visors to replace our old MX helmets i might need to bag our goggles and stow them onboard just in case.

Reactions: sgerksinwi
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Did you start wearing goggles yet? They do wonders for your eyes.

@sgerksinwi - The dust in the cab wasn't the big problem for me. It was the dust on the windshield, especially when riding towards the sun... There were times I could barely see anything through the windshield. To fix this, I ride with a half windshield in the summer with no rear panel. In the winter. it's a full windshield with a Tusk rear panel. I clean both with a California Duster while riding.
I wear sports running glasses.
Definitely picking up a rear panel.
I might try to split and hinge the full to open and close.to a hslf
Which I found this site before I got the accessories that I have probably would of went a different route

D

Deleted member 3748

I wear sports running glasses.
Definitely picking up a rear panel.
I might try to split and hinge the full to open and close.to a hslf
Which I found this site before I got the accessories that I have probably would of went a different route
If I were to do it all over, I'd go with a folding windshield. But some people have said the folded windshield acts as a ramp to launch the dust into your face. :) There's no winning!

Reactions: sgerksinwi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!