Multi Important message for everyone - protect yourself from TICKS!!!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don't know if it is due to the mild winter we just had, or some other factor, but this year the ticks are really bad. I have already had one on my shirt, and the same day my friend that was riding shotgun had one u see his shirt - and that was after a 5 minute ride! They are everywhere and they are disgusting. Not to mention they can give you diseases like Lyme.

I have used this product in the past and it seems to be effective:
Afa91f6aa41d2fc0934ea3e1ed613d81

You just spray your clothes and gear and you're good. It doesn't smell at all when it dries.

Since we got those ticks a couple weeks ago, I have sprayed the door nets on my machine. I haven't found any on me since.

So please, prepare yourself with a tick repellant and after spending time in the woods make sure you check yourself!!!

Ride on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if it is due to the mild winter we just had, or some other factor, but this year the ticks are really bad. I have already had one on my shirt, and the same day my friend that was riding shotgun had one u see his shirt - and that was after a 5 minute ride! They are everywhere and they are disgusting. Not to mention they can give you diseases like Lyme.

View attachment 41795

You just spray your clothes and gear and you're good. It doesn't smell at all when it dries.

Since we got those ticks a couple weeks ago, I have sprayed the door nets on my machine. I haven't found any on me since.

So please, prepare yourself with a tick repellant and after spending time in the woods make sure you check yourself!!!

Ride on!

Just saw that on the news this morning. They said ticks get on mice and that's where they pick up the diseases, then spread it to other animals. Disgusting!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I found a tick on me last weekend, took it off put it in a beer can and shot the can with my 1911. Don't know if it killed him but I bet his little ears are were ringing.

Last edited:
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 41795

Ride on!

Used it for years great product.Dont hunt or cut wood without it

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been dealing with Lyme disease for the last dozen years or so,
do yourselves a favor and....................

CHECK FOR TICKS REGULARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been playing and working in the woods my whole life and can't ever remember even having one on me. Would you even know it if you weren't looking for them? How soon before you get sick?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
4 Corners area....
we don't have
um...freezing
winters ..keep um
the hell out of hear....
Moved to west texas..few yrs back
put my dog in backyard...within
3hrs...this is not s***....my dog
skin was crawling...had to go
get her dipped...at animal hospital
....was crazy

Reactions: Koda
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
There are ticks in most states and freezing temperature don't winter kill them. How bad they are here in Colorado depends on how wet the spring is, the wetter the more ticks. More in lower elevations but they pretty much disappear over 10,000'. Lower elevations, 5 to 8 thousand feet they get really bad in the sage brush so if you go through any sage brush areas I can guarantee you will get one or a whole bunch if you don't spray yourself and clothing.

Reactions: JTW
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015

View attachment 41795

Ride on!

The best.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been playing and working in the woods my whole life and can't ever remember even having one on me. Would you even know it if you weren't looking for them? How soon before you get sick?

Everyone's system is different. As long as I am careful about what I'm eating and as long as I'm exercising and not letting myself get run down, I don't seem to have any flare ups. the minute that I get wiped out, over stressed or something else messes with me..... BAM!!!!! Lyme flare up is mine!

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
J

JTW

If you don't like ticks.. never spring turkey hunt in Kentucky!! Dad and I have picked 40-50 off before! And don't get me started on "turkey lice" (first stage larva of deer ticks) if you don't know what they are check it out! You don't know panic until you see 10000 specks crawling like a shadow creeping up your leg towards you tater tots!

J

JTW

We keep a bottle of Nix head lice shampoo around for such cases!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
IMG 20160723 094049
look real close.

Heneryhound

Heneryhound

Oct 3, 2016
Southaven MS
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Permethrin is awesome stuff. We use it here in MS around the house all the time. Don't spray yourself down with it. Not that kind of spray. Put it on your clothing, gear, ground at camp site etc. Let it dry and the ticks just fall off.

It's fun to spray wasps with too.......

I saw this guy at the Takeover at Royal Blue near the big waterfall. Look close he has two ticks on him.

A big shout out to all my new friends I met at the Takeover. I'm ready to go back.

20170428 152341

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Here in central PA it is strange where you find them...I have 4 acres that I walked a trail down into...maybe 150' down then back up..VERY light brush. Looked down to see one on my arm and maybe another dozen on my legs!! That night I found one feeding on my chest..that grossed me out to say the least! What's strange is we ride in an area about 10-15 miles away and I have never seen one....yet. I agree that the mild winter is going to make them worse. They carry too many diseases here (along with mosquitos and West Nile virus)...time to spray for sure!

Reactions: trigger
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I just tested negative for limes last year. If I don't spray my dogs with repellent before we go out for the day we pick at least a half a dozen off each one of them at night. I had one crawling on my hand this morning while having my morning coffee just sitting at the kitchen table, don't know where the little bugger came from as no one has been out yet today.

Reactions: LandPioneer
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unfortunately we have them at Mary's Ridge and every year I either have them walking on me and find them or have to pull them off because they've got ahold of me. I've used the permethrin on clothing and it works pretty well. It's a part of being outdoors and I'll be damned if I'll sit in the house. Not only that if you have pets and use the vet prescribed meds to keep them safe they still bring them into the house and onto you...lol. I've already pulled one off me a couple days ago and I'm sure there will be more before the summer's over...

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Growing
If you don't like ticks.. never spring turkey hunt in Kentucky!! Dad and I have picked 40-50 off before! And don't get me started on "turkey lice" (first stage larva of deer ticks) if you don't know what they are check it out! You don't know panic until you see 10000 specks crawling like a shadow creeping up your leg towards you tater tots!
Grew up with them. We call the group of 10,000 climbing up your legs "seed ticks". You can never be sure you got every one of them. I think they were worse in our area because of the number of cows.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Growing

Grew up with them. We call the group of 10,000 climbing up your legs "seed ticks". You can never be sure you got every one of them. I think they were worse in our area because of the number of cows.
Yup.. I've heard a dozen names for them. Winters don't have anything to do with it... you can pull a hide out of the freezer a year later and ticks will crawl off it! I don't see how the little bastards do it or even where they come from like they do but I remover the first "seed ticks" I saw get dad when I was a kid. I suppose they're a good sign of abundant wildlife.. we use to not have ticks the way we do now. But we didn't have the deer and turkeys we do now either. Curious little creatures.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!