Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A day of respect for lives lost then, and years after.

EDBD4D47 BD7C 419B 9EA6 BD63249020F7

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Most definitely @Mudder. A day of remembrance for those who lost their lives that day. And a salute to the ones that survived.

advertisement
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
It seems that there a few veterans of WW2 still alive...?
According to the Department of Veterans Affairs there are 325,574 still alive of the 16 million that served in WWII, unfortunately due to Pearl being 79 years ago we are now losing about 350 WWII vets per day, and soon they will all pass and be only a memory, mainly to those who are related to those that served.
My father served in the ETO, drafted twice for WWII, went to basic at Ft. Custer in Battle Creek, MI, he was discharged due to his age, then Dec 7 happened and I guess the Army wanted him back, rose to the rank of CPT of a 105 Howitzer battery, he passed in 1997 at 89.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
According to the Department of Veterans Affairs there are 325,574 still alive of the 16 million that served in WWII, unfortunately due to Pearl being 79 years ago we are now losing about 350 WWII vets per day, and soon they will all pass and be only a memory, mainly to those who are related to those that served.
My father served in the ETO, drafted twice for WWII, went to basic at Ft. Custer in Battle Creek, MI, he was discharged due to his age, then Dec 7 happened and I guess the Army wanted him back, rose to the rank of CPT of a 105 Howitzer battery, he passed in 1997 at 89.
Salute!

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently pasted away....WW II veteran, 98 y/o. Son took him back to Belgium and the Ardennes forest.

Her told me, years ago, how the were in foxholes and the Germans shot artillery into the tree tops and the giant tree tops would fall and kill those in foxholes. Called them widowmakers.

How son told me the black and white photos from the tine showed l very little changes to some things.

At one point, his father started taking in a hushed voice and said, "Listen, be quiet."

He heard what sounded like the metallic squeaking, clanking off tank tracks.

They listened, but it never came back. His father said they he knows he heard it and, momentarily, was very frightened.

Some things that of that magnitude never leave you.

He just passed away this summer, and I greatly miss his wit, his life experiences and outlook on life.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a great story about your Dad. Thanks for sharing.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently past away....WW I veteran, 98 y/o. Son took him back to Belgium and the Ardennes forest.

Her told me, years ago, how the were in foxholes and the Germans shot artillery into the tree tops and the giant tree tops would fall and kill those in foxholes. Called them widowmakers.

How son told me the black and white photos from the tine showed l very little changes to some things.

At one point, his father started taking in a hushed voice and said, "Listen, be quiet."

He heard what sounded like the metallic squeaking, clanking off tank tracks.

They listened, but it never came back. His father said they he knows he heard it and, momentarily, was very frightened.

Some things that of that magnitude never leave you.

He just passed away this summer, and I greatly miss his wit, his life experiences and outlook on life.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Gives goosebumps reading that. Thanks for sharing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!