P1000 Inferno heater install on '18 1000LE

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just ordered the Inferno heater from UTVHQ. My understanding is that it does not come with a shutoff valve for the coolant supply line. Should I get and install a valve for the summer months? If I don't will my arse get cooked since the heater assembly is under the driver's seat? Will a 3/4" pex shutoff work?

Any other things I should consider when installing? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papaandhistoys
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered the Inferno heater from UTVHQ. My understanding is that it does not come with a shutoff valve for the oil supply line. Should I get and install a valve for the summer months? If I don't will my arse get cooked since the heater assembly is under the driver's seat? Will a 3/4" pex shutoff work?

Any other things I should consider when installing? Thanks for any advice.

I haven't seen a heater that uses oil, most use the engine coolant for a heat supply. Interesting

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
do the bypass. I have the same inferno heater. I take it out every year and loop the coolant lines. I do this because it's hotAF with the core under the seat, my duct tubes /heatercore area under the seat are generally filled with mud.

Last edited:
Z

Zoelt

Jan 19, 2020
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
do the bypass. I have the same inferno heater. I take it out every year and loop the coolant lines. I do this because it's hotAF with the core under the seat, my duct tubes /heatercore area under the seat are generally filled with mud.
Did you plumb to radiator hoses or oil pump hoses? Honda factory install directions say direct in-line plumb to oil pump.
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you plumb to radiator hoses or oil pump hoses? Honda factory install directions say direct in-line plumb to oil pump.
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3
Mine is on the oil cooler line. I believe that is the hottest line you can attach to. I have heat at one bar on the coolant gauge.

Z

Zoelt

Jan 19, 2020
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks
that’s where I’ll put mine

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
No by pass on mine.

it’s nice having a bit of heat on cool nights and mornings.

Also helps the cooling system when you’re working the snot out of it too.

my inferno heater is under the drivers seat.

I also run a rouge power screen which really is effective on cab heat in summer.

1101HotDog

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2019
Fargo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3
Honda's heater instructions says to use the 5/8" water line coming off the oil cooler. I did a "Y" connection off the 1" radiator lines to a Summit heater under the seat. I ran 2 - 3" dia. duct hoses off the heater to vents directly under the seat, behind occupants legs. Yesterday morning it was -16 deg F and the cab heated up very nicely. I have 2 - 6" dia fans mounted in upper corner of the windshield and they keep it clear and warm air moving everywhere.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!