P1000 Inferno heater install on '18 1000LE

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just ordered the Inferno heater from UTVHQ. My understanding is that it does not come with a shutoff valve for the coolant supply line. Should I get and install a valve for the summer months? If I don't will my arse get cooked since the heater assembly is under the driver's seat? Will a 3/4" pex shutoff work?

Any other things I should consider when installing? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papaandhistoys
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered the Inferno heater from UTVHQ. My understanding is that it does not come with a shutoff valve for the oil supply line. Should I get and install a valve for the summer months? If I don't will my arse get cooked since the heater assembly is under the driver's seat? Will a 3/4" pex shutoff work?

Any other things I should consider when installing? Thanks for any advice.

I haven't seen a heater that uses oil, most use the engine coolant for a heat supply. Interesting

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
do the bypass. I have the same inferno heater. I take it out every year and loop the coolant lines. I do this because it's hotAF with the core under the seat, my duct tubes /heatercore area under the seat are generally filled with mud.

Last edited:
Z

Zoelt

Jan 19, 2020
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
do the bypass. I have the same inferno heater. I take it out every year and loop the coolant lines. I do this because it's hotAF with the core under the seat, my duct tubes /heatercore area under the seat are generally filled with mud.
Did you plumb to radiator hoses or oil pump hoses? Honda factory install directions say direct in-line plumb to oil pump.
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you plumb to radiator hoses or oil pump hoses? Honda factory install directions say direct in-line plumb to oil pump.
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3
Mine is on the oil cooler line. I believe that is the hottest line you can attach to. I have heat at one bar on the coolant gauge.

Z

Zoelt

Jan 19, 2020
SD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks
that’s where I’ll put mine

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
No by pass on mine.

it’s nice having a bit of heat on cool nights and mornings.

Also helps the cooling system when you’re working the snot out of it too.

my inferno heater is under the drivers seat.

I also run a rouge power screen which really is effective on cab heat in summer.

1101HotDog

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2019
Fargo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanks
TZ 2016 P1000-3
Honda's heater instructions says to use the 5/8" water line coming off the oil cooler. I did a "Y" connection off the 1" radiator lines to a Summit heater under the seat. I ran 2 - 3" dia. duct hoses off the heater to vents directly under the seat, behind occupants legs. Yesterday morning it was -16 deg F and the cab heated up very nicely. I have 2 - 6" dia fans mounted in upper corner of the windshield and they keep it clear and warm air moving everywhere.