P1000 Initial service advice

Timbub

Timbub

May 16, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all!
I just joined the club, I’m excited to be able to interact with like minded folk, I heard about this club from watching Appalachian mountain riders on YouTube. Anyway, I just got my pioneer 1000 about a month ago, I’m only a few miles from the initial 100 mile service, anyone have any advice, tips, or tricks? Also, does anyone know where I can buy the Honda service manual? Thank you all!

829079A5 B226 4A02 8D21 5C6E8F74B508

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In addition to the rags, you can pull out a few of the bolts holding the imitation skid plate and control the flow of oil. It’s also easier to clean up the skid plate when the bolts are loose. I’ve just installed a 1/2” UHMW skid plate and am not looking forward to my next oil change.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My second oil change is around the corner. I may remove the skid, and jigsaw the holes for the oil to drain through, making them larger to prevent future oil spills on the top of the skid plate. Not crazy big, but a better shape to let the draining oil not get on top.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By the way, welcome to the group from Southern Arizona.

Reactions: Timbub

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!