BOX1

P500 inspection of frame...after accident.....

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Front drivers tire..took total..hit
one weld..cracked..bent A-arms..
Rim..not bent..
Tire.. not blown...
so that means. .to me
all troubles..are in wat
...makes tire work
I'll get it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I called dealer...
they said..they wanna put
it on a rack..to check frame...
1st..before any work to front
end...was started..
If frame. .twisted...or damaged
...they refuse to do any work...
I feel..with internet..& help..
I can do it...myself
They are parts changers and nothing more when it comes to damage. A very slightly tweaked bracket if it's part of the frame "requires " a new frame lol. They aren't like a bodyshop at all, they make more money replacing and no liability is the deal. Certain things can be fixed. One dealer in town brings brand new tipped over bikes into the shop so they don't take liability. Just fix it or have a buddy.
One thing though it's high strength steel so if anything needs welded have someone experienced get involved.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They are parts changers and nothing more when it comes to damage. A very slightly tweaked bracket if it's part of the frame "requires " a new frame lol. They aren't like a bodyshop at all, they make more money replacing and no liability is the deal. Certain things can be fixed. One dealer in town brings brand new tipped over bikes into the shop so they don't take liability. Just fix it or have a buddy.
One thing though it's high strength steel so if anything needs welded have someone experienced get involved.
I'm in oil field country
...welders..on. every corner ...
just waiting on parts...
not blowing tire..or bending
wheel...not seeing anything..after
pulling skids...I'm 99% sure..it's
...the A-arms..maybe..steering
rack..but inspection showed..no
damage..

Reactions: R-Lamm
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
IMG 9541
P500S DO BRAKE . This is my friends rh upper control arm/a-frame in two peaces yesterday . Just driving down a rocking road . Luckily he was only going about 5mph when it snapped and started pulling hard right towards a few hundred feet drop . Took it off there , brought it to town
, welded it , and they took the part back up into the hills today to re install it . The P5 is home now .

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 59824 P500S DO BRAKE . This is my friends rh upper control arm/a-frame in two peaces yesterday . Just driving down a rocking road . Luckily he was only going about 5mph when it snapped and started pulling hard right towards a few hundred feet drop . Took it off there , brought it to town
, welded it , and they took the part back up into the hills today to re install it . The P5 is home now .
I'm glad everyone's alright! Is he going to get a new a arm?

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure wish someone made a full chromoly frame with a real roll cage for the 1000. I’d buy one in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Roc, why don't you pull both A-Arms from both sides and set them down to compare? Might save yourself some $$$. Hard to tell what might be jacked from the photos.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Does the wheel spin ok on the jacked side? Maybe the knuckle was damaged? Or where it links to the tie rod? Unfortunately the only way to tell might be pulling both sides and comparing each part.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Roc, why don't you pull both A-Arms from both sides and set them down to compare? Might save yourself some $$$. Hard to tell what might be jacked from the photos.
I bought some used ones..
but later found out..mine are fine..
so have them for sale..
I looked over with fine tooth
comb..looking to see if anything
jacked...bent..cracked welds..
my TomTom
Action cam...still shooting the same
shot...so just gotta get new steering
rack...& I'm ..just like new..
plus beefed up..some 10mm parts tp
12mm...

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Does the wheel spin ok on the jacked side? Maybe the knuckle was damaged? Or where it links to the tie rod? Unfortunately the only way to tell might be pulling both sides and comparing each part.

Yeah..I'm riding it..top of left front wheel
..tipped out..steering rack..stop is broke.
...so steers father to left..than right..
maybe Santa will bring me one..
it's in cart..hehe

Last edited:
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You tube
channel rocmar
video..
"Rocks take out Stomper "
Just watched the video.... Sorry man... That really really sucks! Those rocks were totally camouflaged by the shadow of that tree. Didn't see that coming till you were on top of it. Lucky you weren't hurt. How did you get home?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Just watched the video.... Sorry man... That really really sucks! Those rocks were totally camouflaged by the shadow of that tree. Didn't see that coming till you were on top of it. Lucky you weren't hurt. How did you get home?
Drove that f_cker 2.6 miles
back to truck...
rock was 14" tall

Reactions: JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Drove that f_cker 2.6 miles
back to truck...
rock was 14" tall
LMFAO!! Love the determination:) That's exactly what I would have done too. In reverse if required, but that b**ch would be taking me back!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!