P1000 Interest rates p1000-5

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Hey guys was wonder what others interest rates are on the p1000-5. I got mine 3 days ago and while at the dealer making my purchase i was told the interest would be 5.5%. I said wow thats high and i had seen 2.99% fixed advertised somewhere. My salesman went and asked someone (as usual) only to come back and say that the 2.99 applys only to select atv models and i should discuss it with the woman in the finance office. She said upon sighning the paperwork that honda america would not do a lower rate on such a new model as poeple are dying to get them. Hmm ok i said i will just move the loan to my bank in the next couple of days. Well i got to looking around to see where i had saw that interest rate advertised and it was on theyre website! And the p1000-5 deluxe is one of the qualifying models! It also said for preffered credit that i definetly have. So what do you guys think? Im gonna call them today and see what the hell is going on. Upset

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I would definitely be raising hell with your dealer. 2.4% amounts to quite a bit over the life of a loan. I'm sure the difference would pay for some wanted/needed accessories.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 7227 View attachment 7227 Hey guys was wonder what others interest rates are on the p1000-5. I got mine 3 days ago and while at the dealer making my purchase i was told the interest would be 5.5%. I said wow thats high and i had seen 2.99% fixed advertised somewhere. My salesman went and asked someone (as usual) only to come back and say that the 2.99 applys only to select atv models and i should discuss it with the woman in the finance office. She said upon sighning the paperwork that honda america would not do a lower rate on such a new model as poeple are dying to get them. Hmm ok i said i will just move the loan to my bank in the next couple of days. Well i got to looking around to see where i had saw that interest rate advertised and it was on theyre website! And the p1000-5 deluxe is one of the qualifying models! It also said for preffered credit that i definetly have. So what do you guys think? Im gonna call them today and see what the hell is going on. Upset

I did get mine at 2.99% for 48 months. Just saying.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 7227 View attachment 7227 Hey guys was wonder what others interest rates are on the p1000-5. I got mine 3 days ago and while at the dealer making my purchase i was told the interest would be 5.5%. I said wow thats high and i had seen 2.99% fixed advertised somewhere. My salesman went and asked someone (as usual) only to come back and say that the 2.99 applys only to select atv models and i should discuss it with the woman in the finance office. She said upon sighning the paperwork that honda america would not do a lower rate on such a new model as poeple are dying to get them. Hmm ok i said i will just move the loan to my bank in the next couple of days. Well i got to looking around to see where i had saw that interest rate advertised and it was on theyre website! And the p1000-5 deluxe is one of the qualifying models! It also said for preffered credit that i definetly have. So what do you guys think? Im gonna call them today and see what the hell is going on. Upset
they are bull s***tin ya. 2.99 48 months 3.99 60 months on all new sxs models it is in there manual from Honda finance directly. Honda owns there own finance company and that is the straight scoop. don't let them screw you.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I qualified for 2.9 % from Honda but chose with my local credit union ( 3.24 % to get a better note and also so I could pay the note in person

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got 4.49 and they told me that was the lowest Honda offered because it was such a new model. I qualified for the lowest tier rate also. They tried to hit me for 1400 on the warranty but I told them it's advertised at $620 and they fixed that. Guess I should have done my homework on interest rates too. It's a shame everyone who sells cars, atvs, boats, etc are all low life's with no moral character and just flat out lie to people.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
"2.99% for those who qualify" It all depends on that credit score and how much cash ya got!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I bought my 700 I had $7800 down and a 748 credit score and got denied thru honda! all Because Im self employed. I called my bank took all of 15 min. To go pick up a check. I've always have great luck buying trucks through dealers. That's the last time I ever try to finance thru a dealer for a toy. I was embarrassed and beyond pissed.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I bought my 700 I had $7800 down and a 748 credit score and got denied thru honda! all Because Im self employed. I called my bank took all of 15 min. To go pick up a check. I've always have great luck buying trucks through dealers. That's the last time I ever try to finance thru a dealer for a toy. I was embarrassed and beyond pissed.

I never go through dealers, I've always gotten better rates through my bank. Dealers will run your credit 10 times dropping it as well.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Well i spoke with the sales manager yesterday and he said that the sales staff nor the finance personel at theyre dealer know what the credit tier is, so they have no way of knowing why i did not qualify. I said if i dont qualify who does? He said i would have to call honda financial directly and went on to tell me that its a very long and frustrating process. I said when i bought my 700 (same dealer) that i financed a lower amount, had a slightly lower credit score (still a high score) and put down less money and got 2.99. He did try to smooth it over by offering a 100 gift card for accessories. I said no 100 doesnt compare to double the interest for the term of the loan. I told him i want to KNOW THE TIER and why i didnt qualify or i will have my attorny pursue this in a legal manner. I only like being screwed by Mrs Brock.

Reactions: bobbyhill
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well i spoke with the sales manager yesterday and he said that the sales staff nor the finance personel at theyre dealer know what the credit tier is, so they have no way of knowing why i did not qualify. I said if i dont qualify who does? He said i would have to call honda financial directly and went on to tell me that its a very long and frustrating process. I said when i bought my 700 (same dealer) that i financed a lower amount, had a slightly lower credit score (still a high score) and put down less money and got 2.99. He did try to smooth it over by offering a 100 gift card for accessories. I said no 100 doesnt compare to double the interest for the term of the loan. I told him i want to KNOW THE TIER and why i didnt qualify or i will have my attorny pursue this in a legal manner. I only like being screwed by Mrs Brock.

Usually a Preferred Tier is a credit score over 760 with putting a minimum of 10-20% down plus paying all taxes, accessories, etc. and not rolling them up into the financed amount.

Reactions: ohanacreek
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
I got a call from the sales manager he talked to the owners and come to find out i did qualify for the fixed 2.99. Apparently the woman in the finance office at the Honda dealership was unaware that Honda America (the company she works for) was offering 2.99% on the FLAGSHIP model made by Honda. She was unaware that they had a oem promotion for a new model that they havent even sold yet. Even after i asked them they were still unaware of the promotion that is advertised on theyre website. Oh wait a minute maybe they are full of s**t. I got 2.99 but had to fight for it.

B

Bevo1971

Oct 19, 2015
Dang i would probably get a good bit higher rate. My score is only 650.. So i would probably get like 5-8% ragne. Went through some hard times back in 06-08 so it messed me up but i'm getting it back up.
good luck with that. you will be in the teens for your rate

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
That is what is called a "dealer mark up" so they could make reserve money. If your credit score was above a 721, you should have qualified.. that is only for 36 months. had you chosen to extend it up to 60 months, it would have been 3.99 if you fell in that tier.
Thanks. My score is above that and they did the 2.99 for 48. Loving this machine!!!

Reactions: Alexa

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!