BOX1

P700 Interior dome lighting ideas

C

Col Goose

Mar 15, 2021
Littleton, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check out the Kemimoto UTV dome light roll bar cage mount interior light - can find it on Amazon ($20). Small light, velcro straps around roll bar, has flood and spot - amazingly bright and USB rechargeable.

Nogrey

Nogrey

Aug 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all, new to the club and have used a few good ideas for my pioneer. Haven't seen anything regarding dome lights, maybe I missed a thread? Was thinking of a rocker switch type setup, anyone have anything they have used and liked? Budget not really existant, but I know how these things are; it can get expensive quick. Wished the store had something, because I have purchased a couple items from it and love the quality and easy hook up, not really cool with butchering a new machine. Look forward to seeing any ideas, thanks!
I see a lot of great answers here. Just sharing what I did and am very happy with it.

R

Redhonda29

Aug 26, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, new to the club and have used a few good ideas for my pioneer. Haven't seen anything regarding dome lights, maybe I missed a thread? Was thinking of a rocker switch type setup, anyone have anything they have used and liked? Budget not really existant, but I know how these things are; it can get expensive quick. Wished the store had something, because I have purchased a couple items from it and love the quality and easy hook up, not really cool with butchering a new machine. Look forward to seeing any ideas, thanks!
I no have two led license plate lights on my speakers mounted to roof one facing forward and one towards rear works excellent on a toggle switch

Reactions: Lady01
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
There are lots of lights that will do the job, but what is REALLY important, when it's pitch dark out and you stumble to the buggy after, maybe a beer or two, is the ability to find the switch. I've been in situations where it was so dark I could not find the ignition switch, even with the key left in it. I put one of those small push lights on the ceiling, like @livefromthetree used. and I can always reach around and find it.

K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw a setup that used battery powered LED lights (Look like a residential light switch), one in from and one in back that were clamped to the roll cage cross bars. He made some simple mounts. They worked great.

D

dah3

Dec 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello ! I have just pickup a 2021 pioneer 1000. I installed a rear view mirror with LED lights on bottom. Came pre wired with a switch. It’s very bright!!! Amazon - Lupar 13” rear view mirror with dome lights.
Good luck!

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello ! I have just pickup a 2021 pioneer 1000. I installed a rear view mirror with LED lights on bottom. Came pre wired with a switch. It’s very bright!!! Amazon - Lupar 13” rear view mirror with dome lights.
Good luck!

Welcome to the forums from far SW Indiana. Oh and many here will tell you that "pics or it didnt happen" and I agree :D

Reactions: Lady01
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you haven't got one ,,,, I have a battery (aa cell) operated one that comes with velcro pouch to attache to your roll bar so you can use it as a flashlight too ! It is 4 years old and still works with original batteries . LMK if you want info on it .

K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
I promised I’d report back with pictures. Took me way longer to do it than I thought. Here is how I have my lighting -

1- interior dome = 2 strip led tape lights custom taped to roof
2- green ambient light above the dash. 4 inch cut rgb tape light I cut to about 4 inches. Works well when I’m running and need to find something.
3- led front light bar (was already installed by previous owner
4- added led pod ditch lights
5- added led side lights
6- added rear light for my box and reverse -switch

I use my p500 mostly for hunting so I’m in the dark a lot so I thought the 360 lighting would come in handy. I know this is a dome light convo but wanted to share. I also totally re wired used 6ga jumper cables cut crimped to run to front pos / neg studs and a 12 fuse aux box. Relays on all large leds fuse on tape lights. Plan on a second battery and isolator but I’m done for now. Da14212e0b0d191430ef4b78e4c5d378
801dccbd13c3e52e2a064283bce2a8ab
D50980b3f7fc4d5f906512d0a6264881
D252f62656c4fa385dc5f833d087eaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have two, one is mounted on roll bar above driver door and is double a battery powered. I can open door, flip switch on it and have enough light to enter sxs or place my gear in it without having to put key in ignition for regular dome light. I have another one which is 12 volt powered wired to switch in dash. I used a Ecco led work light which is water and vibration proof. Its much brighter than needed but I had it laying around shop and you can't tear it up. I would like to put in door pins to have lights come on when I open door but its way to finicky if it gets wet and muddy.

Switch for dome Dome battery location Dome light battery Dome light 12v switched

loggerhead72110

loggerhead72110

Mar 9, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use those on mine they've lasted a yr and no problem other than they are not waterproof and will get small amounts in them after a good wash job. But hey there still working so far!

R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
My dome light is a head lamp with its headband wrapped around the roll bar. One turn on, one turn off. Lasts a full season on one set of batteries. Holds its position, does not rattle. Like it a lot.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!