Is Abernathy's (i69motorsports) worth the drive for Ca guy.

T

TalonHopeful

Feb 7, 2021
29 palms
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They quoted me 18.5k less actually for a 21 1000r 2 seater. Is the the hype real. Are the rigs choice or blem models. With fuel/hotel/food/Ca taxes(do i gotta pay those or Tn's) is it worth the trip. Read Brookhaven or whatever is gator too. Should i try and bully Az, Nv, Ca dealers to drop price or make the drive and see if I cant get the uncle to buy me lunch while I visit TN and buy a talon.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Abernathy's is now called i-69 Motorsports I believe. He got in trouble by the BLM groups for some comments he made online. I believe the manufacturers then threatened to pull their stuff unless he sold it. Not sure who all bought it but I think that's kind of the story.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oregon dealer with 3 seat pioneer LE and a Talon. Decent dealer.

Current New Inventory | Columbia River Motorsports

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are you planning to red sticker it?
I don't think they will let you green sticker a 49 state SxS.

We don't need no stinking stickers, oh wait I'm nowhere near Commiefornia or Madgadistan (IL).

I-69 Motorsports (formerly Abernathy's) in Union TN is legit. I have picked up a few machines there. Last P1K5D was a 2018 for $13478 OTD no taxes and a 2019 Talon 1000R for $16945 OTD no taxes. Both I was just listed as the "purchasing agent" for a business owner and brought them back to East TN.

NOTE: In their busy hey day they would move 80 machines on F/S each and average 30 machines daily easy M-Th so expect being there all day if you show up on the weekends. Whatever you do don't have them install accessories as they are so busy, you would wait forever if added day of sale ( roof windshield etc.)

Looks like demand has driven Talon prices up $1500+ there.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They quoted me 18.5k less actually for a 21 1000r 2 seater. Is the the hype real. Are the rigs choice or blem models. With fuel/hotel/food/Ca taxes(do i gotta pay those or Tn's) is it worth the trip. Read Brookhaven or whatever is gator too. Should i try and bully Az, Nv, Ca dealers to drop price or make the drive and see if I cant get the uncle to buy me lunch while I visit TN and buy a talon.
I bought mine at Brookhaven Honda. Great folks and experience.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I didn't see where this price was for the live valve or standard. If the standard, this is about $3500 off msrp and you're about 3500 miles? Sounds like a dollar a mile. Rooms, food and fuel about $1000? If i was 30 or 40 years old i would do it for the road trip but at senior citizen age i don't think the money is worth it to me. I hope you would fully acquaint yourself with the procedures to license,insure,title,green sticker or whatever in your state beforehand. I would not expect a dealer in Tennessee to stock a model that meets the ca requirements. Happy trails!

BlackCSVT

BlackCSVT

Jan 14, 2021
Vail, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Try Cochise Motorsports in Sierra VIsta, AZ. They gave me the best price in all of AZ. $2500-$4000 cheaper than any other dealer in AZ.

A

Amdiggs1

Sep 12, 2020
Southern IL
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Be cautious, I messed around for 5 months waiting on Abernathy’s to get 1000 x-4 live valve in and have yet to see it. They shot me a price of $20,999 out the door which is crazy low.....but a price quote with no inventory is useless.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!