P1000 Is anybody running HRC offset A-Arms?

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my opinion:
The pioneer is a UTILITY Sport.
I say it that way because I believe the only thing that makes it sport capable is that it has decent engine power capable of moving the machine.

The Yamaha Wolverine is a Sport Utility. That would be my choice if I could choose 1 machine and sport was a priority but I needed a utility capability.

This is where where I will most likely receive the most gruff: My sport machine choice would be a turbo can-am. Dollar per dollar you can't beat the out the door price of the power that machine provides.
I looked at an RMAX and they're nice machines as well. What I really like about the KRX is all the leg room. It's a large cabin with tons of room.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, you're all absolutely right. What I'm struggling with is the 80-20 rule. The Pioneer is perfect for the utility side of the equation and 90% of what we use it for. What I'm trying to decide is if it's worth building it up to do maybe half of the more gnarly stuff I want to do. The sport machines are a compromise as well...what they give up is the utility side.

Those are some awfully sweet rigs and exactly what I've got in my minds eye if I build up the Pioneer.

The KRX is going to be my Pioneer and $8k give or take and then will need to have it's accessories added. I'm thinking I can build one helluva Pioneer for $8k.

Thank you for the wisdom!
Not to deter you in anyway but 8k could get you portals, wheels, tires, lift, and reservoir shocks. That's about it for a pioneer. You are still stuck with a stiff slower machine that's really only good for mud bogs. Coupled with the height you are a little off now with the utility side. With the sport machine side could net you alot more fun less money. It sounds like you might be happier with a sport machine like a general or RMax

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What I really like about the KRX is all the leg room. It's a large cabin with tons of room.
Drive one before u dump the cabbage on it. I mean really drive it. I drove 2, one a short time and another for 50 miles. Like u said, has some leg room. But that rubber band in that thing turns some major RPM’s at 35-40 mph and its deafening. I have Sleds that are ruubber band there tame compared to that. Ear plugs please! 🤣 Leg room is minor compared to the Noise.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drive one before u dump the cabbage on it. I mean really drive it. I drove 2, one a short time and another for 50 miles. Like u said, has some leg room. But that rubber band in that thing turns some major RPM’s at 35-40 mph and its deafening. I have Sleds that are ruubber band there tame compared to that. Ear plugs please! 🤣 Leg room is minor compared to the Noise.
Yes they are really loud and very hot

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Pioneer hangs with the KRX, although the KRX is stout AF, Ill do the same line but break a rear diff and have to make it in front wheel drive only LOL! Seriously though a KRX is the way to go unless you already own a pioneer. Mine is Long travel, long shocks, 32's, IGR but the rest is pretty much stock. The looks you get on the trail are priceless and you never see another one like it. I can't tell a KRX From another on the trail haha.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Pioneer hangs with the KRX, although the KRX is stout AF, Ill do the same line but break a rear diff and have to make it in front wheel drive only LOL! Seriously though a KRX is the way to go unless you already own a pioneer. Mine is Long travel, long shocks, 32's, IGR but the rest is pretty much stock. The looks you get on the trail are priceless and you never see another one like it. I can't tell a KRX From another on the trail haha.
Ya, kinda like my FJ Cruiser.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I was fortunate to drive Snuff’s for that 50 miles. Its a nice rig in many ways, but the noise! Even at slower speeds. Yes, Hoter than a firecracker in the seat!
You know...I've been riding motorcycles for going on 50 years both dirt & street and I never leave home without the ear plugs. Same applies to SxS's & quads, don't leave home without them. All SxS's are hot and loud...hearing protection is a must as is a helmet.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You know...I've been riding motorcycles for going on 50 years both dirt & street and I never leave home without the ear plugs. Same applies to SxS's & quads, don't leave home without them. All SxS's are hot and loud...hearing protection is a must as is a helmet.
Well don't tell a few that are trying to make their S x S's into Jeeps. HA!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I never leave home without the ear plugs. Same applies to SxS's & quads, don't leave home without them. All SxS's are hot and loud...hearing protection is a must as is a helmet.
Yup, always have hearing protection in your rig, you only hear once. Same as when I shoot, got to have it. My ears are already Fuced up form loud blasts and my job when I was young and invincible so most of us thought lol.
Worn them in that KRX, was still a great big negative. So if you been riding for 50yrs thats got to put u north of 55. That kind of noise u aint gonna like.

As for helmets as a must, there was a huge thread on this not too long ago. Its your choice to ware one in a sxs the ROPS is designed to aid in that, plus u can add shoulder harness to your rig. I dont ware a helmet in my sxs. Now, when I had a quad yes, and my sleds yes. Theres no harness to hold you in on those. That said, some like them in there sxs and thats there choice, Its a free country right? Well for now it is! FJB

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, always have hearing protection in your rig, you only hear once. Same as when I shoot, got to have it. My ears are already Fuced up form loud blasts and my job when I was young and invincible so most of us thought lol.
Worn them in that KRX, was still a great big negative. So if you been riding for 50yrs thats got to put u north of 55. That kind of noise u aint gonna like.

As for helmets as a must, there was a huge thread on this not too long ago. Its your choice to ware one in a sxs the ROPS is designed to aid in that, plus u can add shoulder harness to your rig. I dont ware a helmet in my sxs. Now, when I had a quad yes, and my sleds yes. Theres no harness to hold you in on those. That said, some like them in there sxs and thats there choice, Its a free country right? Well for now it is! FJB
North of 60. Like you my hearing is shot from a lifetime in industry.

I had a good friend die from an extremely slow tip over on his motorcycle, going maybe 3mph. Completely unnecessary, if he'd been wearing a helmet... But like you said we're all adults and it's still a mostly free country.

Get ready for the cold...it's coming your way. -15 in Wyoming tonight.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
North of 60. Like you my hearing is shot from a lifetime in industry.

I had a good friend die from an extremely slow tip over on his motorcycle, going maybe 3mph. Completely unnecessary, if he'd been wearing a helmet... But like you said we're all adults and it's still a mostly free country.

3 mph??.....WTF? That sucks man sorry to hear that

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, were ready! Typical for here every winter. Im exited for our first heavy snow. I have 2 new sleds to get out! My job will be busier with this cold snap fo so.

Reactions: Smitty335
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
KRX, pull out primary spring and quieter than a x2 talon and some insulation on the coolant lines in the center console and hardly any heat. Stock Pioneer vs KRX heat is not even close. Pioneer will burn your ass off. Even with the pioneer seat insulation, its not close to the krx heat wise.

Reactions: Smitty335
F

FredReid

Oct 9, 2020
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just put a set of HRC arms on my 2020 Pioneer 1000-3. I love the look. Haven't changed tire size yet!

20221214 125647 20221214 125639

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!