P1000m5 Offset A-arms

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m running 28” tires on my bike and recently installed 1” spacers up front and the tires are now rubbing. Suggestions on which a-arms I should buy? I’m not looking to go any larger on tire size and I’m not interested in getting any lift. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got SuperATV on mine. 28" x 9" blackwaters on stock deluxe wheels with 1" spacers. No rubbing at all. You just missed the 20% off sale a few days ago

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a question about the SATV a-arms. My machine is super heavy on the front, heavy accessories. It's work machine. I have bad negative camber and tire wear sucks. Is there much adjustment for negative camber with the a-arms?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question about the SATV a-arms. My machine is super heavy on the front, heavy accessories. It's work machine. I have bad negative camber and tire wear sucks. Is there much adjustment for negative camber with the a-arms?
Lots of adjustment. Not sure exactly how much though

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The piece that the mounting bolt goes through (where I have the arrow pointing) has male threads on it that threads into the a arm. It's kind of a pain to adjust it but once you do it's good to go. I never screwed it all the way out to see how much it would go
Screenshot 20221126 193645 Gallery

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have a ton of sag on the front from weight you may want to consider adjustable shocks on the front versus the OE. Something that you could add pre load to could improve your ride quality and will give you some camber back after setting it to the correct height using pre load. If fox, elka, or walker are expensive and out of budget I would suggest the rough country.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure which route to go. Shocks or a-arms. The truth is I don't want either. For the price of these machines this simple camber adjustment should be included. I'm worried about the shocks maybe putting to much strain on the shock mount trying to lift it with just shocks. Anyone know? I've looked at just heavier springs for the factory shocks. That's the cheapest route but then you still have no adjustment and it may increase ride stiffness.

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure which route to go. Shocks or a-arms. The truth is I don't want either. For the price of these machines this simple camber adjustment should be included. I'm worried about the shocks maybe putting to much strain on the shock mount trying to lift it with just shocks. Anyone know? I've looked at just heavier springs for the factory shocks. That's the cheapest route but then you still have no adjustment and it may increase ride stiffness.
The shock "lift" is not changing "strain" on the front. The loaded vehicle weight is what causes strain. Using pre load to set the front to typical factory height will not cause any "strain" on front end components. Over loading pre load or going excessive is when you start to experience "strain" on other components.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m running 28” tires on my bike
You have 28’s on a bike? Deff
Pics Or It Didn't Happen! 🥳
Just givin u $hit.
We ride Side by side’s (sxs) at this level son 😂

Yea u want the SATV arms. Message (pm) @SuperATV and he will get u a NTC 5 finger didcount.
As mentioned above, the stock arms have minimal basically no adjustment for anything above stock tires, close but somethings gonna give. Would also sugest you consider same size wheels as the fronts for the rears to help with that rubbing as well. Your better off in the long run in many ways. Goes together like milk and honey and Capitan Crunch!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm not sure which route to go. Shocks or a-arms.
Both! If u need to bite off one at a time and your not going bigger than stock on wheels with no spacers, do the shocks. If your doing the reverse then do the arms first. Work smarter not harder and whatever you do, don't be cheep with it either, spend it once not twice cuz u will. Us early forum members did all that for you so u dont do it to yourself, as why we say to go deep (nohomo) into the Search.

For the price of these machines this simple camber adjustment should be included
BLAHAHAHAHAHA🥳
That meat Still has marks where the jockey was hittin!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Both! If u need to bite off one at a time and your not going bigger than stock on wheels with no spacers, do the shocks. If your doing the reverse then do the arms first. Work smarter not harder and whatever you do, don't be cheep with it either, spend it once not twice cuz u will. Us early forum members did all that for you so u dont do it to yourself, as why we say to go deep (nohomo) into the Search.

BLAHAHAHAHAHA🥳
That meat Still has marks where the jockey was hittin!
That's what I'm trying to determine, one or both. I don't plan on going big with tires, maybe 28's at the most. I use it mostly on the farm and sometimes pull heavy loads around so I need all the power it has. Toe was out bad so I adjust it but the tires on the front were already gone. I have an other set of half to three quarter wore out tires I'm going to put on the front and see how they wear after the toe adjustment. That will tell the tale. I have new tires in the garage but I don't want to mount them with the way these have wore. Waste of money. I've got to do something, the front tires are shot at 1700 miles. They're factory bias but my new tires are radial.
Why do you say both and why to you say shocks first?

Reactions: EMAW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why do you say both and why to you say shocks first?
Ill say it again lol,
Do both to get it out of the way and be done with it. Also, you will get tired of the stock shocks if u havent already cuz they loosen your fillings 😂 I delt with them for 2 yrs and went with fox’s and night and day difference in the ride from stock, be it going slow in the woods, to ripping it on trail, whatever pulls your chain. Worth the money spent. The arms, just that. There better than stock so u can adjust them so u dont tear up ur tires and that just enough extra clearance stockers dont give you. The combo will give you years upon years of enjoyment in your rig, and most of all…you wont have to come back and keep asking why this or that? Im not giving u a hard time with that statement. Just stating the the truth with many as a whole.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The shock "lift" is not changing "strain" on the front. The loaded vehicle weight is what causes strain. Using pre load to set the front to typical factory height will not cause any "strain" on front end components. Over loading pre load or going excessive is when you stray to experience "strain" on other components.
If going the shock route, that's what I'm trying to determine, at what point is over loading pre-load? Didn't know if anyone has the same problem as me on the fourm with negative camber and what they did to fix it. I really don't want mod's to the suspension but if the toe adjustment I made doesn't fix the tire wear I can't afford this much tire wear this quick. I don't think the toe will fix it because I put a level on the tire and the camber is still to negative.

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If going the shock route, that's what I'm trying to determine, at what point is over loading pre-load? Didn't know if anyone has the same problem as me on the fourm with negative camber and what they did to fix it. I really don't want mod's to the suspension but if the toe adjustment I made doesn't fix the tire wear I can't afford this much tire wear this quick. I don't think the toe will fix it because I put a level on the tire and the camber is still to negative.
You cant afford the tire tire ware, then spend it on the arms and not have to worry if u can afford it cuz u wont have too anymore! BINGO🥳

My good friend @BWAF has had this set up as long as I have, even has the LT tire set up. 90% of his use is farm for cattle, hauls alot of $hit literally and has over 10k miles on his rig. The upgrade/set up has served him well and the best upgrade he ever did. He might pipe in. But if that aint enough to get answer ur question/Delma then🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!