P1000 Is anybody running HRC offset A-Arms?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is anybody running HRC offset A-Arms?
Did u try the search up top to see?
Theres also all kinds of other options as well in there to give u bigger tires.
I'm trying to decide if I want to modify my Pioneer 1000-5 for larger tires or just move on to a KRX 1000.
So…thinking of going into the closet then coming out ehhh?

NoHomo here!

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

All in good fun.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
As far as the rest of your post...spare me your trolling
Since your calling me a troll, you must not be on here much?
oh wait….your not! 🤣 🥳

Im the farthest from a Troll that you will ever meet. So just relax! At least you didnt get a Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

You never said that u tried searching in your first post, that why I asked. Too many just ask and dont search it first. Gets old you know!

As for the arms you asked about, you might just have to be one to test them and report about it so the next guy can search them out! 😘
NoMo!

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never heard of them before.

They look neat but for the cost after powder coat you could easily go c-fab and add lift, and add camber adjustment, and save some money.

If I am reading the description correctly you only get front arms. No rear arms.

For a little more money you could go TTC and get rear arms. With or without lift, and camber/caster adjustment.
I have also heard some good things about TTC on here.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't help you with info on the HRC arms, they look stout.

As far as the whole KRX thing..........🤔 don't think the arms and bigger tires will make the suspension like the KRX....2 different animals.
Yes, we generally go to Moab every year plus take another trip somewhere around the west for these the KRX is the ticket. There's so much I can't do with the Pioneer. We live out in the sticks and 90% of what we do is running down to the mailbox for this the Pioneer is perfect. There's not much room in the KRX for the dogs and going for a ride is the highlight of their day. My thought was to make the Pioneer a little more capable and have the (mostly) best of both worlds. It'll never be the rock crawler the KRX is.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since your calling me a troll, you must not be on here much?
oh wait….your not! 🤣 🥳

Im the farthest from a Troll that you will ever meet. So just relax! At least you didnt get a Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

You never said that u tried searching in your first post, that why I asked. Too many just ask and dont search it first. Gets old you know!

As for the arms you asked about, you might just have to be one to test them and report about it so the next guy can search them out! 😘
NoMo!
I apologize for being thin skinned...it was the homo part that pissed me off. I don't do a lot on any of the forums any more.
I have never heard of them before.

They look neat but for the cost after powder coat you could easily go c-fab and add lift, and add camber adjustment, and save some money.

If I am reading the description correctly you only get front arms. No rear arms.

For a little more money you could go TTC and get rear arms. With or without lift, and camber/caster adjustment.
I have also heard some good things about TTC on here.
Agreed, they are spendy but what isn't. I'm just getting started looking around to see what's available for these machines. I've owned the Pioneer for 4 years and honestly never considered modifying it so I'm not really sure if it's even worth it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize for being thin skinned...it was the homo part that pissed me off. I don't do a lot on any of the forums any more.

Agreed, they are spendy but what isn't. I'm just getting started looking around to see what's available for these machines. I've owned the Pioneer for 4 years and honestly never considered modifying it so I'm not really sure if it's even worth it.

Every mod is worth it. You either set yourself up for a positive experience being able to tackle a new scenario and be surprised at what the machine is capable of doing. Or you made a mistake in your decision to modify it and you learn a lesson :p

I have learned lots of lessons in all of my modifications. So far the only things I feel most confident in and would not do over is my snow plow, roof mounted subwoofer, vent extensions, and 2nd full size battery under my seat.

Everything else on my mod list I think about doing things a different way.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think my fox shocks were also a great mod. I just don't like the way my bracket lift angled them. I am waiting for c-fab arms to fix that.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every mod is worth it. You either set yourself up for a positive experience being able to tackle a new scenario and be surprised at what the machine is capable of doing. Or you made a mistake in your decision to modify it and you learn a lesson :p

I have learned lots of lessons in all of my modifications. So far the only things I feel most confident in and would not do over is my snow plow, roof mounted subwoofer, vent extensions, and 2nd full size battery under my seat.

Everything else on my mod list I think about doing things a different way.
Here's where I'm at. I have a highly modified FJ Cruiser which is very capable for what it is and goes a lot of places but it'll never be a lifted JL on 42's. It's the same deal with modifying the Pioneer...it'll never be a ripper and I kind of want a ripper.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I also saw Shock Therapy offers a set of Exit shocks that'll give a 2" lift with no other modifications.
Most shock with adjustable preload can/will give you lift. I think with a good set of arms, shocks and bigger tires you'll be much happier. But......you'll never have the suspension travel of a KRX. Also, if you're mainly interested in crawling then maybe an IGR is something to look at as well with the bigger tires.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Here's where I'm at. I have a highly modified FJ Cruiser which is very capable for what it is and goes a lot of places but it'll never be a lifted JL on 42's. It's the same deal with modifying the Pioneer...it'll never be a ripper and I kind of want a ripper.
You want a sport machine if you are looking for a ripper, not a Pioneer. There's nothing you can do to make the Pioneer into what a box stock Talon, KRX, RZR, X3, etc is. That being said, nothing beats pulling up on a really hard obstacle, conquering it, and having people say "holy s*** you did that in a Pioneer?!" I love my Pioneer and I've ridden with and driven probably some of, if not the most, highly modified Pioneers in the country built for rock crawling/trail riding on some really gnarly East Coast trails. They are badass rigs, but they'll tell you the same thing I'm saying here: The sport machines are just built to handle the higher speeds and obstacles right out of the box. There's way more aftermarket support for the sport machines as well.

@snuffnwhisky has full Talon engine components, custom tuned, IGR, completely custom long travel suspension he designed, aluminum flat bed to drop weight, and the list goes on. Badass machine

This is what starts to happen when you get too many ponies in the Pioneer and a ginger terror like @joeymt33 behind the wheel. That's the front prop shaft...

@joeymt33 has a very similarly built rig with a few changes to accommodate keeping the factory Pioneer rear seats/bed

@ohanacreek has one as well setup in a similar fashion but I don't have many pictures

@Dezrik has a really custom build as well utilizing the TTC suspension and he's out in Moab all the time with his.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my opinion:
The pioneer is a UTILITY Sport.
I say it that way because I believe the only thing that makes it sport capable is that it has decent engine power capable of moving the machine.

The Yamaha Wolverine is a Sport Utility. That would be my choice if I could choose 1 machine and sport was a priority but I needed a utility capability.

This is where where I will most likely receive the most gruff: My sport machine choice would be a turbo can-am. Dollar per dollar you can't beat the out the door price of the power that machine provides.

R

rodhersh

Aug 31, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, you're all absolutely right. What I'm struggling with is the 80-20 rule. The Pioneer is perfect for the utility side of the equation and 90% of what we use it for. What I'm trying to decide is if it's worth building it up to do maybe half of the more gnarly stuff I want to do. The sport machines are a compromise as well...what they give up is the utility side.

Those are some awfully sweet rigs and exactly what I've got in my minds eye if I build up the Pioneer.

The KRX is going to be my Pioneer and $8k give or take and then will need to have it's accessories added. I'm thinking I can build one helluva Pioneer for $8k.

Thank you for the wisdom!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!