P500 Is there supposed to be a weld here??

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last one I had was in 2000 with a rancher when they first came out they kept breaking the frames. They stamped vin in with metal stamps looked like crap but it work. 2 frames later honda finally recalled them and braced it. didn't make up for the ass whoppin my dad gave me for tearing it up twice.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A second issue you might want to question is VIN#. Is the new frame stamped with the same VIN? If not are you getting a new OEM certificate for a title or are you going to get a " rebuilt title since VIN doesn't match original paperwork.

Its no big deal, until it is, just like missing welds.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I thought about that a couple weeks ago before he started talking about resale value, surely the new frame will come with a new original vin # sticker?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I had a motorcycle frame replaced years ago on a Suzuki. The new frame had the same vin as the old. The dealer had to cut up the old frame and send it back to Suzuki. I would assume the vin will transfer over on the new frame in this situation.

Reactions: Smitty335
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: lee
H

HondaTech

We always punch the frames with the VIN if we're replacing them.

Honda used to be a sticker about frame and engine case replacement. They are lax about it now.

Reactions: Mudwing
G

gtistiffler

A second issue you might want to question is VIN#. Is the new frame stamped with the same VIN? If not are you getting a new OEM certificate for a title or are you going to get a " rebuilt title since VIN doesn't match original paperwork.

Its no big deal, until it is, just like missing welds.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Honda sent the dealer a stamping kit to stamp the same vin

G

gtistiffler

Still pretty frustrated. Requested a extended warranty, nope. Asked the dealer about trading it in and he says “the trade in value is gonna kill you.” I’m just saying if I was a dealer I would offer a great trade in value. Maybe even msrp to get my customer ina new unit. Especially if he bought it broken. This confirms I will sell it and move to another brand.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Still pretty frustrated. Requested a extended warranty, nope. Asked the dealer about trading it in and he says “the trade in value is gonna kill you.” I’m just saying if I was a dealer I would offer a great trade in value. Maybe even msrp to get my customer ina new unit. Especially if he bought it broken. This confirms I will sell it and move to another brand.
All brands will try and stick it to u. My buddy has had a nightmare story with his rzr turbo s. Polaris screwed him big time but he kept the machine. The rzr is in working order now but who knows for how long. I think it was in the shop 6 months out of the first year he owned it. I would just pick the machine that best fit my intended use, no matter what brand.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
The only way for everybody to avoid this stupid corporate chaios is to write the company letters, document, express concerns. If no response, buy a different brand and if they become junk, repeat
I get frustrated with common folk sticking up for BIG corporation JUNK!!!! Listen folks its us that buy and control the market! When will we all wise up? I ask you. Do you understand?

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
WOW!!! They need to treat people better than this!!! I would have to ask myself, what did I do wrong? And the answer would be- give them my money. COME ON HONDA!!!

G

gtistiffler

WOW!!! They need to treat people better than this!!! I would have to ask myself, what did I do wrong? And the answer would be- give them my money. COME ON HONDA!!!

No joke. I’ll promptly be selling and buying a Mule. I’ve owned a Honda Nighthawk, CBR600RR, VTX1300C, TRX90, Rancher 420, Honda mower and an 130 outboard. Thank goodness those never needed service.
I’m not even mad about the weld. But the lack of support in making it right. I literally have not received ONE call from the dealer with any updates. I have had to call them. Same with Honda Corporate.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
G

gtistiffler

Update: Honda called me Monday and let me know they are going to extend my warranty two years. So three years total.
Also, the dealer called me yesterday (pretty sure bc they got a letter from the complaint dept. from the AL State Attorneys Office) for the first time since having it for 7 1/2 weeks. They said it’s “mostly” done and are waiting on some hardware they ordered to finish it up.

H

HondaTech

9 weeks in the shop as of today!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm going to assume the frame is on backorder or another part maybe as well.

Covid has made us dealers look stupid and incompetent multiple times this year.

My shop has repeatedly gone against Hondas orders to get customers units out the door, especially units in situations like yours.

Reactions: 500oneer
G

gtistiffler

I'm going to assume the frame is on backorder or another part maybe as well.

Covid has made us dealers look stupid and incompetent multiple times this year.

My shop has repeatedly gone against Hondas orders to get customers units out the door, especially units in situations like yours.

They’ve had the frame for approximately 4-5 weeks. Last I heard they were ordering some body clips, etc

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
A good dealer would have provided you with a demo unit to use while waiting repairs on yours.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!