P1000 Is this common?

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took my new P1000 to deer camp this year. One afternoon we took it on about a 30 minute ride around part of the farm. I came out about an hour later to load some equipment for the next morning and noticed a dip in the hood over the radiator cap, apparently the heat caused the plastic to sag. Has anyone else noticed this?

One of the first things I did after buying my rig was to set the dash so the temperature gauge is displayed and have never seen more than two bars displayed at any time. The radiator is clean and it's full of coolant so I don't think it's overheated.

Thanks.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never seen that happen on mine. Maybe you just have some bad plastic and a new hood would fix that problem. If it isn't overheating I can't see what would cause that to happen.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time I've heard of this too. Mine stays on 2 bars also. Never been any higher.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!