Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It depends alot on what width tires you are running in the front vs the rear. I am running 26x9x12 on all four and I was narrower in the rear , so I added 1.00 spacer to the rear only. This put the front and rear pretty close to the same width!

Yeah with 5+2 offset wheels, 26x9 front and 26x11 rear I am 3/4" wider in back.

Reactions: Chooglin
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It depends alot on what width tires you are running in the front vs the rear. I am running 26x9x12 on all four and I was narrower in the rear , so I added 1.00 spacer to the rear only. This put the front and rear pretty close to the same width!
You know now that you mention it, ive got aftermarket wheels that all have the same back spacing. If i remember right the stock rear wheels were deeper than the front, but i never really studied them. As soon as i took them off i gave them away to a kid that needed tires for his 4 wheeler. I think youve solved the riddle. Now im back to being bugged by it. Spacers back on the 'want' list. Lol

Reactions: Chooglin
Sbrown

Sbrown

Feb 11, 2017
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
These spacers made a world of difference. I cant wait to get some after market wheels and tires.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Just a thought on spacers...the front end on the P5 is 3/4" narrower than the rear. I was at 53" front and 53 3/4" rear when I added 1" spacers to all four corners. In hind sight, I could've went with 1.5" s in the front and only been 1/4" difference. :rolleyes:
Is this with stock wheels? I know my machine with stock wheels is wider in the front. With 1" spacers on the rear only and stock wheels I'm just barely wider than the front. I'm thinking with aftermarket wheels that are all 4 the same the front may be wider.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is this with stock wheels? I know my machine with stock wheels is wider in the front. With 1" spacers on the rear only and stock wheels I'm just barely wider than the front. I'm thinking with aftermarket wheels that are all 4 the same the front may be wider.

Here it is...
P500 - Back At It...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@WillyBill runs Wolverine wheels/tires and I think he said 1 inch front and 3 in rear.
Maybe it's been said a lot but seems like a very reasonable way to get spacing and possibly decent tires.

Last edited:
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Just added 1.5 all around on mine and they made it much more stable and I still fit through our 50" gates .
must not be a true 50" gate or do you have aftermarket wheels with less offset than factory?

E

Eagle2011

Apr 16, 2017
Mayflower,AR
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone had any problems with the spacers? I talked to a Honda mechanic and he said they wear your ball joints out pretty quick. He also said if I’m looking for more stability to get wider rims and tires. I was just thinking about a little wider tire than the stock and wheel spacers all the way around.

C

Chooglin

Has anyone had any problems with the spacers? I talked to a Honda mechanic and he said they wear your ball joints out pretty quick. He also said if I’m looking for more stability to get wider rims and tires. I was just thinking about a little wider tire than the stock and wheel spacers all the way around.
Plenty of guys are running them with no issues (including myself) wheel spacers are a good way to gain some stability!

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
no difference in stress if you go wider tires/wheels or a spacer. The force is still the same distance from the hub regardless. Unless you go crazy with super wide spacers or really abuse a machine then you should never have an issue.

Reactions: joeymt33
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This has been discussed in length before and it was determined that the difference was minimal. Obviously the less connections the better so wheel offset would be the first choice. If adding spacers just be sure to use thread locker and check the bolts occasionally.
I look at it like lifting weights, the farther your arms are apart the harder it will be to lift. The suspension on these 500's is so vertical it's like doing a straight up bench press, the stresses wear on us more than the machine.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wonder if the OHV park staff that make true 50 in wide gates would also complain about parking space lines at Wally World no wider than their truck. Common sense would be 1 in less width than next wider machine over 50 in class. Seen more damage from high powered atvs.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!