P1000 ITP Mudlite XL

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a set of ITP mudlite xl’s. I have yet to put them on but I have a question. The stock tires are 27” and the new ITp’s are 28’s. I stood them beside my machine and the front seems to be slightly larger but dang if the backs don’t look shorter. I figured being a 28”, I should have a tire about 1” taller but rough measuring seems to put it about .5” shorter. Anybody have any idea what the heck is going on?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just bought a set of ITP mudlite xl’s. I have yet to put them on but I have a question. The stock tires are 27” and the new ITp’s are 28’s. I stood them beside my machine and the front seems to be slightly larger but dang if the backs don’t look shorter. I figured being a 28”, I should have a tire about 1” taller but rough measuring seems to put it about .5” shorter. Anybody have any idea what the heck is going on?

Tire manufacturers rate the tire size at maximum PSI. If you want a true comparison then you have to put them both at the maximum PSI rated on the side wall and then take a measurement. The majority of the tires out there are much shorter than the advertised height at Trail psi. Find the yardstick and measure your stock tires and you will find that they are also under 27 inches.

The second thing to know is that tires are very short until they are inflated for several hours. I personally have inflated new tires of multiple manufacturers and found out that they will grow almost inch sitting overnight

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok. So basically, once I inflate them, I will have a taller tire? I appreciate it. I am definitely not a mechanically inclined individual, I just know that these tires are much better up here in the tundra than the stocks. A friend has them on his and was constantly pulling me out.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ok. So basically, once I inflate them, I will have a taller tire? I appreciate it. I am definitely not a mechanically inclined individual, I just know that these tires are much better up here in the tundra than the stocks. A friend has them on his and was constantly pulling me out.

Inflate them to max pressure and leave them overnight if you can and they should stretch a little bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!