BOX1

Its Been Real Guys

SFC

SFC

Apr 22, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you are interested the Levi’s company in Hebron is having a job fair. I can get the details on my way home tomorrow just let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@HondaTech Thanks for taking your time and choosing to spend it here with us. Please stay and continue to contribute to our forum.

H

HondaTech

If you are interested the Levi’s company in Hebron is having a job fair. I can get the details on my way home tomorrow just let me know!

Thanks but it's a little bit of a huck for me to Hebron. The pay probably isn't worth the drive tbh. I've got a lead on a car dealer close, just waiting on a buddy to call me back

Reactions: Tramguage1
H

HondaTech

Sure hate to hear this. Hope something better comes along real soon. You've been a big help to many here on the forum, so don't be a stranger, your knowledge is still needed. What dealership is closing down? Where are you located? Hope something better comes along real fast.

Heritage Honda in Maysville, KY
Thanks, I plan on swinging by for help if needed, feel free to PM me if something comes up. I've got a little bit of a hook up still in the Cincinnati area, so it's not a total loss. Debating on driving there every day for work, don't think it's in the cards.

Reactions: JTW and YardDog
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for everything you offered here. You seem like a solid guy ( 10 yrs with one co. is not all that common today ) with a passion for what you do. Honestly a guy like you is hard to find - you'll land on your feet in no time and hopefully in a better position. Best of luck and pls let us know where you end up..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Well, today marks the end of almost a decade of working for Mother Honda. Late last week we got he news our dealership would be closing soon and today was my final day of work. I don't currently have another job lined up yet, but I am optimistic. I'll still visit this amazing forum from time to time incase you guys need some advice or technical help. I've enjoyed helping you guys keep the best Side by Sides on earth going and improving on the things that needed it. If your ever in the northern KY or southern OH area hit me up I'd love to ride with some of you guys or help you figure stuff out.

I've loved every minute of the last 10 years working on and learning all about Hondas and how they operate. I've seen and ridden some amazing things before public has and couldn't wait for what Big Red had coming for us next. It's been a wild ride, but a memorable one.

Keep the shiny side up, Rubber side down.
HondaTech

Oh and if guys know someone whose hiring, hit me up, I cant stay idle long, I'll go nuts.
Good luck buddy!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, today marks the end of almost a decade of working for Mother Honda. Late last week we got he news our dealership would be closing soon and today was my final day of work. I don't currently have another job lined up yet, but I am optimistic. I'll still visit this amazing forum from time to time incase you guys need some advice or technical help. I've enjoyed helping you guys keep the best Side by Sides on earth going and improving on the things that needed it. If your ever in the northern KY or southern OH area hit me up I'd love to ride with some of you guys or help you figure stuff out.

I've loved every minute of the last 10 years working on and learning all about Hondas and how they operate. I've seen and ridden some amazing things before public has and couldn't wait for what Big Red had coming for us next. It's been a wild ride, but a memorable one.

Keep the shiny side up, Rubber side down.
HondaTech

Oh and if guys know someone whose hiring, hit me up, I cant stay idle long, I'll go nuts.
There should be a huge void in Honda service in your area, maybe you can pick up some local work, direct with the customer to fill in. That's how I ended up in business, doing odd and end plumbing jobs, one day I looked at my calendar and had 45 days booked solid. It hit me that I had a business. Things happen for a reason. Good luck!

H

HondaTech

Update: I've got 3 dealers I've drop a line to for a job. I've applied to a couple factories and nobody wants someone with 10 years of unrelated work experience, they'd rather have the fresh guy outta highschool so they can pay him as little as possible I guess.

One dealer is interested but not till after the first of the year and the other 2 I just threw them my resume and told them I'm looking. All 3 are multi line dealers. Their pretty good drives either way over an hour for the 2, but for the pay I could get it might be worth my time. The one who needs to wait I don't think is a good option, their every unorganized and have 2 techs now who haven't been there long. They do Kawasaki and a bunch of off brand junk I really don't feel like working on, there can't be much money to be made on that stuff. I've worked on it in the past and it just junk that breaks easy and frustrates you.

I've looked I to doing some side jobs, but with no garage to do it from, that's impossible. Driving around would maybe work, but dragging tools around gets old.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Keep at it. Those that want to and will work always seem to come out on top.

X2 on that sentiment

I am in a similar job situation and I know the frustration. Keep at it. The right job will come along

Reactions: knuckledeep
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Update: I've got 3 dealers I've drop a line to for a job. I've applied to a couple factories and nobody wants someone with 10 years of unrelated work experience, they'd rather have the fresh guy outta highschool so they can pay him as little as possible I guess.

One dealer is interested but not till after the first of the year and the other 2 I just threw them my resume and told them I'm looking. All 3 are multi line dealers. Their pretty good drives either way over an hour for the 2, but for the pay I could get it might be worth my time. The one who needs to wait I don't think is a good option, their every unorganized and have 2 techs now who haven't been there long. They do Kawasaki and a bunch of off brand junk I really don't feel like working on, there can't be much money to be made on that stuff. I've worked on it in the past and it just junk that breaks easy and frustrates you.

I've looked I to doing some side jobs, but with no garage to do it from, that's impossible. Driving around would maybe work, but dragging tools around gets old.
Do you think their's a chance someone will buy the franchise you were working for? If it's good area, I could see a reopening sign going up. Thoughts and prayers!

H

HondaTech

Do you think their's a chance someone will buy the franchise you were working for? If it's good area, I could see a reopening sign going up. Thoughts and prayers!

From what I understand of it, the money it would take to get it out of the hole on Honda's side alone would be a colossal undertaking. That's not counting the 2 banks that are owed m9ney on the building and the countless other notes owed to people.

Someone was looking into it, I heard but you can't buy a new Honda franchise atm. So taking this one over would be the only way to bring it back. From what I understand 1/2 a MILL would probably get Honda off their back. That's a pretty steep hole to dig out of on a new business venture, especially one that just shut down. But again that's not even touching the building payments or other issues.

I don't think i would want to try it if I was a business man, sounds like a losing proposition to me. That and unless they change to worked there and ran it differently youll be back in the same hole soon enough.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From what I understand of it, the money it would take to get it out of the hole on Honda's side alone would be a colossal undertaking. That's not counting the 2 banks that are owed m9ney on the building and the countless other notes owed to people.

Someone was looking into it, I heard but you can't buy a new Honda franchise atm. So taking this one over would be the only way to bring it back. From what I understand 1/2 a MILL would probably get Honda off their back. That's a pretty steep hole to dig out of on a new business venture, especially one that just shut down. But again that's not even touching the building payments or other issues.

I don't think i would want to try it if I was a business man, sounds like a losing proposition to me. That and unless they change to worked there and ran it differently youll be back in the same hole soon enough.
New management would have to run a tight ship for sure. We got into a plumbing franchise several years ago, after We saw it / the system didn't work in less densely populated areas, we were lucky enough to sell the franchise right before the recession hit. Believe me Banks will work with you, they don't want to own / maintain buildings, interest only is not out of the question, as far as the franchise goes, they have a black eye in that area now. You can negotiate a reduced franchise buy in and reduced royalty payments for a certain amount of time, until you can rebuild customer loyalty. Any good businessman knows all this and will work up a business plan to present to banks. Honda corp has a black eye and is all ears.

H

HondaTech

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I don't believe if they kept the current owners on shop but made them the lesser half of ownership they would want to bring everyone back we had once before. And unless the new guy would be there all the time to check in stuff, the hole would just get dug again.

Reactions: knuckledeep
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I don't believe if they kept the current owners on shop but made them the lesser half of ownership they would want to bring everyone back we had once before. And unless the new guy would be there all the time to check in stuff, the hole would just get dug again.
Current owners have to go! Even if there great guys.

Reactions: sharp
L

LaHawk1

G&C Honda in Shreveport LA is looking for an experienced Honda Tech. They have a sign out front that says so.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!