Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just a planning thread for the group leaders. This is NOT public.
If you want others to know something then you must post in the 500 ride thread!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Six of us lined up including Jackal, that's two groups with one in front, middle and one in back. Don't think we're going to have as many as we thought, couple of 500 riders backed out didn't they? I have a spare, water and fuel, air compressor, jump starter...I might be of more use in the middle but I'll ride any position.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks @Hondasxs

Okay fellas as stated this is private and not public so the thread stay concise and to our point of planning.

First off I have a map that can be printed out with turn by turn directions at every junction with 2 options as time allows or doesn't :confused:

The below image prints out nicely on regular paper in landscape mode, I will have plenty printed. A large map may be better for those with poor eyesight. like me ;)
Takeover P500 Saturday Trail Map

Next please keep this file attached private, it is a converted file of Dans Maps that works in Google Earth on Computer or mobile phone Google Earth App. This file ALSO will work as a LAYER over a topo or road map on TN showing all trails and POI's using ORUXMAPS APP on an Android Phone or Tablet.

Instructions on how to work on a tablet with Oruxmaps: (File attached Below) DO NOT SHARE or talk about it PUBLICLY.

I was able to finesse an unlocked file of the latest Trail maps for North Cumberland TN, after a few runs with a conversion tool got it into the .KMZ format that works with Google Earth and with ORUXMAPS. This is in violation of his copyright so it cannot be posted or shared publicly.

Here is an example of Tackett Creek in Google Earth, bottom left is the easternmost edge of Sundquist (Royal Blue). The line going across is KY / TN state line these trails go 40 miles East of RRB campground into KY / VA state line (Mayfield, KY)

tackett-creek-twra-ge-jpg.62159

How it works in ORUXMAPS, I downloaded the North Cumberland Trails.kmz file to the Tablet directory:

Storage\Emulated\0\oruxmaps\overlay - pasted it here

Then opened up ORUXMAPS and loaded map TENNESSEE HERE: Tennessee Topo Garmin Compatible Map - GPSFileDepot) and set it as main maps shows all roads etc. Then Selected Overlay options Load KML Overlay and then select the North Cumberland Trails.kmz file

If done correctly you will have all roads and trails interposed and will look like this on tablet or phone:
twra-on-oruxmaps-jpg.62161

Also below the KMZ file attached is a PDF LARGE map of RRB Sundquist Trail like they hand out at RRB office.

Open to any suggestions, this route should limit how many we get stuck and bring group progress to a stop.

Attachments

• North Cumberland Trails.kmz
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • North_Cumberland_OHV_BW_2015_final.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
C

Chooglin

In the second 500 group @Choogsbro will lead (with radio) I will be the caboose (with radio). We will need someone to take the middle with a radio !

Reactions: trigger and JACKAL
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
In past years there tended to be spots where some people get hung up. They need talked threw or a pull. Having a roustabout near the front who can see everyone threw and then follow at the end is helpful.

Some how I have visions of my tow strap with mud permanently ground in to it. Oh well, I learned at the end of someone else’s tow strap.

Reactions: trigger and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In the second 500 group @Choogsbro will lead (with radio) I will be the caboose (with radio). We will need someone to take the middle with a radio !
Either @trigger or @Bad_bowtie I had envisioned as mid pack roustabout they can communicate if front half of pack gets stuck or those close behind him. Serving as @lee suggested a roustabout

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is the turn by turn directions in larger (read old people ) Copy and paste as desired, damn forum wont accept a .docx attachment

Saturday Loop for P500 Group

1.Depart RRB entry turn left onto Stinking Creek Road

2. Turn Left just past Meredeth Cemetary on to Trail 13

3.Turn Right off Trail 13 onto Trail 8

4. Stop at POI on Trail 8 Jennings Creek Cascade

5. Cont. on Trail 8 to turning right onto Trail 10

6. Stay on Trail 10 to junction of Trail 18 & Trail 4 turn right onto Trail 4

7. Take Trail 4 down mountain turn left at opening onto Trail 1

8. Follow Trail 1 a short distance to Trail 2 on right, take Trail 2

9. Stop at waterfall on Trail 2

10. Continue on Trail 2 to end coming out at Ivydale Church (Bypass Trail 26)

11. Turn Left in Church lot onto gravel road up to Trail 26 at top.

12. Turn right onto Trail 26 follow until you hit Trail 23 on right turn right.

13. Take Tail 23 across and down to Ivydale Road.

14. Veer left on road and continue until junction of Trail 19 & Trail 24

15. Go straight onto Trail 19 and continue PAST trail 20 to Trail 31 on right.

16. Turn right onto Trail 31 through Boulder field, stop for pics etc.

17. Continue on Trail 31 to T with Trail 20, turn Left onto 20.

18. Continue on trail 20 to intersection of 20, 21, & 22. Turn Left onto Trail 21

19. Take Trail 21 uphill to cave on left stop for photo op. then cont. until T

20. At T with Trail 31 turn right cont. to T with Trail 19 turn Right on 19

21. Take Trail 19 past Trail 33 to Trail 20 on right. Turn right onto Trail 20

22. Take Trail 20 to junction with Trail 22 on left. Turn Left onto Trail 22

23. Take Trail 22 loop all way back to Trail 19.

Option 1 if short on time - Turn Right onto Trail 19 from Trail 22

24a. Take trail 19 to Junction with Trail 27 & Trail 13/19

25a. Take Trail 27 downhill back to RRB Campground

Option 2 if good on time - Turn Left onto Trail 19 from Trail 22

24b. Take Trail 19 to Trail 28 turning right onto Trail 28

25b. Take Trail 28 to end come to T with Trail 13 turn right onto Trail 13

26b. Take Trail 13 to to Y with Trail 19 veer right onto Trail 19

27b. Take Trail 19 to Junction with Trail 27 veer left onto Trail 27

28b. Take Trail 27 downhill back to RRB Campground

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Six of us lined up including Jackal, that's two groups with one in front, middle and one in back. Don't think we're going to have as many as we thought, couple of 500 riders backed out didn't they? I have a spare, water and fuel, air compressor, jump starter...I might be of more use in the middle but I'll ride any position.
I will have the usual fare, plenty of plugs a fast air compressor, tow straps, tools etc. AND a chainsaw just in case.

Reactions: trigger
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My suggestion is the lead guy and the tail gunner/ roustabout be familiar with the trail system. That way if there is any separation tail guy can do a catch up.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My suggestion is the lead guy and the tail gunner/ roustabout be familiar with the trail system. That way if there is any separation tail guy can do a catch up.
This is the P500 ride. Unless your bro figured out the turbo thing there’s not going to be a lot of ‘catching up’.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is the P500 ride. Unless your bro figured out the turbo thing there’s not going to be a lot of ‘catching up’.
By separation I meant if some has machine issues then those that have made it through can advance to the next intersection to wait.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

I don't know these trails well enough to lead a group , but I can communicate with the radio. If it's best to have someone in the rear ,that knows the trails , I have no problem being the middle guy !

Reactions: trigger
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I don't know these trails well enough to lead a group , but I can communicate with the radio. If it's best to have someone in the rear ,that knows the trails , I have no problem being the middle guy !

That's kinda what I was thinking as well. We ride Windrock alot but this is only my 2nd trip to RRB.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Dont over complicate it.
Just need 1 leader (per group) and rest follow. Only need experienced helpers down the line to guide riders through tough spots.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It is very easy, trails are WELL marked and map is accurate, simply a matter of turn left or right as indicated above.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK guys I have 4 of these radios on the way, with the 16" extended antennas. I also have 2 regular GFRS Radios that have worked great for me past 6 years.
they will be programmed and all set up for our group once we know what channels every other group is using, don't want people walking over each other and take a wrong right or left turn LOL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z52HP10/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!